Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Parasite Eve II review

This thread is in response to a review for Parasite Eve II on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: April 12, 2010 (07:43 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

In terms of content, this is as good as any review submitted this week. There are certainly enough details and examples to give me a clear idea of exactly how this game works.

While the intro is certainly amusing, it doesn't provide any sense of direction. As a result, I had no idea what to expect from the main body.

Also, I feel that while it is certainly informative, at times it felt presented in a haphazard, jumbled manner. The review never really established a good, consistent flow.

Just my two cents. It's still a darn good review, and I certainly appreciate how you explain how the game can screw you over by making you inadvertently waste the best items in the game.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 12, 2010 (08:03 PM)

Thanks for the feedback! I think you hit upon the same areas that I was dissatisfied with, but that I was too close to the review to really put into words.

That's great! I'm glad someone came along and clarified it because now I can see that, yes, indeed it is the flow which is missing from this piece. Hmmm... I'll have to ponder how best to approach that in a subsequent review. Probably would help to go back to a more structured approach, with a clear thesis.

Your advice here was much appreciated.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: April 19, 2010 (07:49 AM)

Decimated?

Decimated!?

DECIMATED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway that last line is comedy gold.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: April 19, 2010 (09:33 AM)

In this case, decimate actually works, considering the opponent has a sword ^_^

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: April 20, 2010 (04:01 AM)

It's strange. I played Parasite Eve and had the exact same experience. It didn't really make sense, it annoyed me, the combat wasn't perfect. But it had these tense moments that just made up for everything.

..I don't think this was an easy review to write, even if it looks that way.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: April 20, 2010 (01:08 PM)

That's a huge compliment right there. Thank you, it wasn't easy to write!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 21, 2010 (11:55 PM)

As per thy request on the "I BEAT YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE" thread:

I really liked this review for the most part. My one main qualm would be the "place yourself in the role of a hunter" paragraph. It kinda comes off as a FAQ-y kind of thing due to how many "or this could happen" examples in it.

But you did a great job of bringing up the many problems my best friend and I had the one day we were trying to play through it. And, as I'm trying to finish off Star Ocean: Till the End of Time right now, I definitely can feel your pain with not knowing what skills are useful. I broke down and looked at a FAQ to find which ones were best for my three main characters today. The game's much more fun now.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: April 22, 2010 (01:10 PM)

I hope you review that game. I'll be sure to check it out, if you do.

Thanks for the feedback! I don't love that line, either. I'm working on my subtlety.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: April 22, 2010 (06:47 PM)

..oh, that's easy. You simply lie, just not about important things :p

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: April 22, 2010 (08:38 PM)

I love this man with the Sephiroth avatar. He speaks truth.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.