Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > maru's Way of the Samurai 3 review

This thread is in response to a review for Way of the Samurai 3 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 06, 2010 (08:23 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey, kick-ass review. Anyone who has read my Way of the Samurai review should know that I pretty much hated the game, but that I did really enjoy the CYOA branching plots, which is actually done better in that game than any other I've seen before or since (including the one you all know I'm thinking about).

You do an incredible job of making that system sound as cool as it really was. Then you do something I love in a review. Call me a martyr, but when the rug is pulled out from me and all my hopes are taken away... I love that.

Yeah, you make WOTS3 sound pretty shitty. Good voice here, too. I could've stood to hear a little bit more about combat, because that was a pretty contentious point with me on WOTS1, but it wasn't necessary to the review. After all, you'd already convinced me the game had no soul. Who cares about combat after that realization?

Watch out for little errors: "An FAQ is a prequisite," for instance.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: April 07, 2010 (09:02 AM)

It's cool to read a bunch of reviews in a series of games, especially when they're well done.

However, "An FAQ" is technically correct. Some people pronounce the letters out. I think there was a minor holy-war on GameFAQs over "faks" versus "eff-ay-queue" after a poll-of-the-day. I actually think the eff-ay-queue people won.

The poor brainwashed masses. (/joke)

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 07, 2010 (10:26 AM)

Oh interesting! I never pronounced it as the letters! For me, for that to be grammatically correct, it would have to be F.A.Q. but that's just the way I read.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: maru
Posted: April 07, 2010 (02:15 PM)

thanks for the praise. it means a lot.

board icon
Author: maru
Posted: April 07, 2010 (02:25 PM)

"I think there was a minor holy-war on GameFAQs over "faks" versus "eff-ay-queue" after a poll-of-the-day. I actually think the eff-ay-queue people won."

The irony here is that I actually say GameFACKs, but when it's just FAQ by itself I say the letters.

This message was deleted at the request of randxian, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: April 11, 2010 (08:17 PM)

I agree with zipp concerning the intro and build up. I was really fascinated until about paragraph five, when things started to fall apart. I had to read that paragraph a few times before I really understood what was going on.

Also as zipp noted, there are a few technical issues.

This has potential to be a really great review, but it could use some work both in terms of clarity (at times) and some sprucing up technical issues.

Why the hell did this post twice? Guess I'll just delete one.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.