Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Half-Life 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Half-Life 2 on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 06, 2010 (07:32 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice job WQ. I liked the italicized, pacing headers -- especially the final one.

Love this line:

The decrepit city of Ravenholm is home to many a fell beast.

I have two tiny catches you might want to address:

If that weren’t enough, you soon learn that your fortune just can’t withstand.

This doesn't sound quite right, does it?

It doesn’t matter that there’s four of them or that they take four rockets to destroy or that they’re slaughtering your men with ease.

It would clarify things to insert the word "each" after "rockets".

That's it.

I quite like that you went with a more straightforward version of your style for this; I prefer it to your more flowery work.

Kudos!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: April 06, 2010 (07:46 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks! I've addressed the two little nitpicks you pointed out. I'm really glad you like this, though. I think it's one of my better ones, especially recently. Interestingly, I considered it quite flowery myself, but I'm glad you think don't think so if you prefer otherwise. =P

I'm also glad my pseudo-section things rang well with you as I really sort of used this review as an experiment. More appropriately, I sort of used this review as a chance to expand on what I had tried with my first Half Life review. I'm pleased that this one was able to strike a better balance between the styles.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.