Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon review

This thread is in response to a review for Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: March 27, 2010 (07:02 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Wow, uh, this is really disappointing. Not your review... the game... I was actually looking forward to this. The thing about the flashlight brings back bad memories of Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: jiggs
Posted: March 27, 2010 (07:49 PM)

shame..was kinda looking forward to this game. Fragile looks pretty.

!

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 27, 2010 (08:27 PM)

Great review, Jason! I'll be an honest gamer, I didn't find your last couple of reviews to be inspiring (of course, we disagree heartily, but congenially, on FFXIII so that's a tough one for us) but this is a great sample of your work!

You are concise, humorous without being gauche, and you nail this game with a believable sense of game knowledge and history. You seem to know immediately what is just common-sense WRONG with this game and I'm liking the 'tude.

What this experience tells me is that games need to have better cover art, because GODDAMN I wanted to buy a Wii again just based on the little cover shots I've seen of this game on the site.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 27, 2010 (10:25 PM)

Thanks for the comments, guys! This was an easy game to review. I banged out my review in just over half the time it usually takes and I'm pretty pleased with the results. However, I'm a bit sad that it's the review I wound up having to write. This game looked like it would be so cool. There was all sorts of potential and I like both the developer and publisher. The results in this case, well... you read the review.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.