Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Ace Combat 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Ace Combat 2 on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: March 16, 2010 (07:30 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

There is some good and useful information in this review. Problem is, it's presented in a somewhat clumsy fashion.

While I agree with what you are stating in the intro, it doesn't let the reader know what direction things are heading. After reading the intro. I have no idea if this is going to be a praise review, a bash review, or something in between.

One aspect I like is how you presented a couple of examples to show how certain types of mission are more fun and challenging in this game contrasted to its predecessor.

Also, you don't really wrap things up with the conclusion; you just add some more new information and just suddenly stop.

Overall, it is a good review with some useful information. I feel like I came away well informed about the game. I just think it could be presented a bit crisper.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: March 17, 2010 (04:19 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I do agree that the last sentence or two of the outro is a little lazy and abrupt. I oddly couldn't find a good way to end the review.

As for the reason for how the review is setup, the intro basically asks the question of how AC2 is going to turn out, then goes into the rest of the review, which weighs the ups and the downs, with the positives outweighing the minor negatives.

Thanks for the feedback and comments on the review.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.