Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Ninja Gaiden II review

This thread is in response to a review for Ninja Gaiden II on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: February 24, 2010 (11:27 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I enjoyed this review and feel it is the lesser of the two you wrote for this week--primarily because it focuses on one aspect of the game. I think you knew this, and I think it's effective as that sort of writing. I'd really like to see more people write this sort of review to get stuff off their chests, because it's often more interesting than they think, and it often makes other people say "wait, I can do that with game X, well sort of."

This review has the ranting going pretty well as well as a decent way to try and, you know, fix stuff. My standard slight discomfiture with conversational style is probably my own problem, but I don't think it seriously dents this review. Cool ending too.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 24, 2010 (04:56 PM)

Thanks, Schultz, and I like that you're going out of your way to write feedback threads for reviews you've read for RotW. Yeah, the whole point of this review (and the other one I wrote, frankly) was that if you screw up on something as important as the camera system, nothing else matters. I stand by the assertion that Ninja Gaiden and its sequel would both be excellent games if their cameras were functional and user-friendly.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: February 24, 2010 (09:52 PM)

Thanks back. It's definitely worth reading. I know that I put effort into my semi throwaways and I suspect other people do too.

Unfortunately things backfired a bit as I didn't get the RotW done & had a bunch of other stuff & managed time badly. I'd planned to straighten things this evening, but you can blame Purdue and Minnesota's men's basketbal teams for disrupting things. I'm good for a couple more hours. Let's see what happens.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.