Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > PAJ89's Chime (XLA) review

This thread is in response to a review for Chime on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: February 24, 2010 (11:21 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I was a bit confused about the gameplay descriptions here and even with the screenshots I wasn't sure--Quads of 3x3 squares? I think what you mean is that we have a bunch of tetraminoes and pentominoes and they need to make squares with whatever other miscellaneous squares are on the field.

I know I've had a lot of puzzle reviews where I had something creative to talk about and wound up getting bogged down in the mechanics, or jumping to the mechanics too quickly. This happened here I guess. Still, once I was able to sit down and sort things out, it seemed like a neat idea.

The first paragraph also seems interesting, but then it gets dropped right away. I'd be interested if this sort of thing happened before, or right off the bat if Chime is interesting.

This is one of those reviews where I think I get it, and it seems like a fun intuitive game I'd like to play, but I can't help feel there's a jump or two that might clarify things. Maybe say up front that it's a 5-level game without a tutorial and it's a bit short, but given it's for charity, it's a good idea...

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.