Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Silent Hill: Shattered Memories review

This thread is in response to a review for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the PSP. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: February 08, 2010 (07:42 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

A very good review.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 09, 2010 (11:02 AM)

Thank you Bloomer! I try.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: February 09, 2010 (10:30 PM)

The one thing I would've like to talk about more in this review, but couldn't because of plot reasons was how good the ending was. I mean, I'm still thinking about it three days later. I still stand by the review, though. It's an incredibly tedious game, even with such a spectacular ending. If it hadn't been so short, I'm not sure I would've made it.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: February 10, 2010 (04:06 PM)

I kinda felt on my first read there may have been some disjoint of feel between the amount of praise throughout and the final message about tedium. But then I re-read it and I didn't feel it so much, so maybe I'd just read it too fast.

Usually now I just give one-liner thumbs ups now in feedback topics to save on typing, rather than launch into commentary, unless pressed/prompted.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: February 10, 2010 (05:03 PM)

I see where you could've gotten that. There is a little bit of jumping around during the review, in the same way that the game itself jumps the player around. Office scenes good; wandering scenes tedious; chase scenes good but lacking focus; ending of game good.

I don't think the review reads badly on any level, but next time I have a game that jumps around like that, I'll probably do more to bring the reader's focus to that as a featured aspect of the game.

So see? With just a single sentence, you managed to inspire me to see something that I can do next time.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.