Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > espiga's Phantasy Star Ø review

This thread is in response to a review for Phantasy Star Ø on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 06, 2010 (12:52 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Phantasy Star Nullset?

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: February 06, 2010 (05:02 PM)

ファンタジースターZERO

_

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 08, 2010 (04:08 PM)

Okay, I have a couple suggestions for this review. This is some straight-up criticism, so don't take it too harshly, please.

First of all... clarity. If you find yourself pointing out in your review that you haven't been clear or that you've used too many words to talk about something, chances are you need to go back and fix it and not publish it as is. Calling out the deficiencies in our own work is really a cop-out from having to figure out a better way to say things.

Secondly, you're in a tough spot with this review because you're playing a game that (as you yourself state) isn't that fun or interesting. This leaves you with figuring out how to talk about it without putting your audience to sleep. The general answer to this is to use humour while describing the game's inadequecies or show places where the game is so bad that it's naturally humourous. An alternative is to mention the good first, getting the audience drawn in with excitement, and then crush them with the weight of reality when you show how little of the game is actually that good.

What happened to me while reading this one is that I felt you lost interest in writing it and just sort've published it. That might not be the correct sentiment, but it's what came across to me because of the above mentioned issues.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: February 13, 2010 (12:12 PM)

fuck you suskie I was going to say that.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.