Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zigfried's No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle review

This thread is in response to a review for No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: February 02, 2010 (09:52 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Entertaining review, Zig. I was actually going into this expecting to read about how crazy this game is, which is what happened, but you didn't go nuts about it. I liked that, since some gamers normally would experience something insane and would automatically love the game to death despite its glaring problems. You addressed issues that fans of the original would have with it, as well as how newcomers would react to the sequel. Also, coming from someone that has played neither, you did a fine job describing this game, especially when comparing it to the first.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: jiggs
Posted: February 02, 2010 (10:04 PM)

ugh.. i got past that 2nd stage with Shinobu..the platform jumping was horrible and she had a tendency to get knock off the rooftops by those gunmen more than once. anyway, right now i'm squaring off against that lolita sniper..seems like a cool fight. the game was great for half the way through, but like the original it starts to kind of lose steam towards the end..but its more apparent in this sequel. nice job describing man the meat..that is my favorite retro game..too bad its only 3 stages. i feel the same way about the bizarre jelly schmup...could have put in like 2 more stages or something. i'm leaning towards an 8 on this one.

!

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: February 07, 2010 (08:35 PM)

Thanks for the compliments. This was a tough one, because it has such obvious mechanical improvements, but deficient in ways that are hard to quantify.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 04, 2010 (07:38 PM)

Was this review posted somewhere else first? I KNOW I've read this before... maybe the production room?

Anyway, I liked it then and I like it now. It's worth noting that I completely remembered everything about the review from whenever the last time I read it was.

It covers memorable points of the game and gives the gamer a good overview of everything that this sequel entails without feeling the need to painstakingly detail every little control scheme and mission structure.

No More Heroes is the kind of game you could easily do that. I'm glad you didn't.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: March 04, 2010 (07:53 PM)

It was posted nowhere else first, so either you read it before and forgot, or else it's a really unoriginal review and I therefore suck :(

Either way, I'm glad you like it!

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: July 25, 2010 (11:29 PM)

cool review, and now that I finally bothered to get more than a few hours into the game, I agree. the bosses really weren't that well done, and even toward the end a lot of them were absurdly easy. I think the only ones I ever even lost to were Matt Helms, New Destroyman, and the last guy -- the astronaut guy didn't even hit me.

loved how as I was saying the last boss was retarded out loud to myself, the first game's last boss happens to be there and makes a comment about how it's retarded.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: S-Cynic
Posted: December 27, 2011 (10:02 AM)

It's hard to accept Travis as a "lonely otaku" when women all but throw themselves at the guy and even the assassins he kills all seem honored to meet him.

That was my biggest problem with NMH2- the sandbox stuff was sorely missed and the presentation of the new minigames was unfunny, confusing, and completely missed the point of the minigames in the original NMH, but those issues might have been deemed forgiveable in the light of the refined combat mechanics.

If at first you don't succeed, give up. Don't make a damn fool of yourself.

board icon
Posted: January 01, 2012 (03:39 PM)

That's the opposite of my experience. I thought the sandbox parts in the first game were terrible, and the mini-games in the second episode were fun in and of themselves, as opposed to being mandatory time-wasters.

//Zig

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.