Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > aschultz's Trinity review

This thread is in response to a review for Trinity on the Apple II. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 01, 2010 (05:12 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

If you liked this you should try Activision's Zork Nemesis. I'd love to see a review of that from you, Aschultz.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: January 02, 2010 (05:18 AM)

I've always wanted to. Thanks for the reminder! I just need to find a cheap copy of it, and there I go.

It'd be a good Z game for the Alpha Marathon, too :).

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: January 05, 2010 (03:29 PM)

I am wondering what other Infocom games you have played? I have played many other Infocom games like the Wishbringer series, Zork series and Planetfall series.

Sorry to say I found your review difficult to read and I'm not really sure why. Some parts parts made a point and other parts seemed to be sort of an "add-on" or stray though you felt you needed to add. Maybe because I never played or heard of this game it makes your story seem discombobulated, I don't know.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: January 05, 2010 (04:02 PM)

No problem. Feedback topics are for criticism, and I do want to be able to get things across to people who haven't played the game. That's where most people are able to. I see some stuff I could clean up, so maybe I'll look at that.

The game is deliberately unclear, or poetic, and it makes for an unusual entry. It's about more than getting a final score, or solving a case, or routing a bad guy. Trinity basically tries to give the feel of what it's like to try to stop the atom bomb, and the semi-futility of it, without really taking sides. It's almost a text adventure in pantomime, since nobody really talks.

I've pretty much written about all the Infocom games I played when I was younger & don't quite remember the list. However, I played through them all with a walkthrough and some are actually on my Alpha Marathon list, though I need to approach them without a quick solution.

The games are possible to find. The WinFrotz z-interpreter can run them. I think zork 1-3 are freeware as is Hitchhiker's Guide. The others...are available, but can't give details on this board I suspect.

ETA: I don't think I brought Leather Goddesses of Phobos over from GameFAQs. Hated that game. The humor wasn't my style.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: January 05, 2010 (06:26 PM)

Actually I still have my C64 and a whole stack of those games but I really have not played them for quite some time now.

I too seem to recall not liking Leather Godess. I know I didn't play it very long. Something about a blender is the last thing I remember.

I'll have to try Trinity sometime. Sounds a bit enigmatic though.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.