Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > aschultz's 221B Baker Street review

This thread is in response to a review for 221B Baker Street on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: December 27, 2009 (09:05 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Aschultz, you've done it, old boy. This is a prime review, a real success. The references to Sherlock Holmes (the original) are well placed, the review is short without being lacking, and the writing is superb, without any grammatical mishaps to throw me off the trail.

The only thing I would suggest is explaining the board game system a little more. I'm getting images of monopoly, is that right? If you miss a location, can you go still visit it, or do you have to roll exactly to land somewhere? I'm a little confused as to how the whole system is working.

Other than that, great job.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: December 29, 2009 (11:00 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks! I think my favorite posts may be the "good job, and did you notice X might work even better."

What you mentioned is probably worth detailing some more if I can figure it out. 221's board is a 2-d grid, with zigzagging streets, and the quickest way around gives an advantage that can be destroyed with a couple of dice rolls. I'd guess Sorry/Parcheesi with more intersections. I'll think on it.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.