Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > phediuk's Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty review

This thread is in response to a review for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: December 22, 2009 (11:51 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Appreciate the simile used to relate how the game is similar to a grade school excercise in which students are given a list of instructions, but are really supposed to only complete the first step.

Also like the humor, although some of it seems forced and esoteric. An example of it being forced is ". He gets into contact with his best bud—scratch that, good friend—scratch that, frequently-seen life partner Otacon," I'm not sure what purpose this statement serves. An example of it being esoteric is "is the Atlas Shrugged of video games." I have no idea what you are talking about here.

The main problem is this review drags on way too long. Your main argument seems to be that the storyline is nonsensical, but you spend way too much time reiterating this point over and over again. While you do throw in some new stuff and sprinkle in some humor here and there, you still should make this whole review tighter.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: phediuk
Posted: December 24, 2009 (12:40 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

The review is not my best. I wrote it when I was in a bad mood and it sprawled out into that mess. I will definitely be touching it up later.

It didn't help that I chose MGS2 to write about. It's such an easy target with so many bizarre/awkward/counter-intuitive things to talk about that it's difficult to write a concise review for it. I noticed the other 2/10 review deliberately limited itself to the intro sequence with Snake. It was still enough to fill up a review.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.