Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Probester's Silent Hill: Shattered Memories review

This thread is in response to a review for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: December 16, 2009 (02:20 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

A very good review.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: December 22, 2009 (11:48 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good call by mentioning early how the game changes depending on how the player responds to the psychological profile. You explained just enough about that feature to keep me interested in the review. That served as an effective springboard into the rest of the review.

While I like all the information you provide, the review reads like a sectioned review without the sections. Try to work the graphics and sounds more seamlessly into the review. I also don't quite understand the argument about how the two game play modes are too different. Since the nightmare modes can be so unforgiving, wouldn't you want a moment of relaxations here and there? Also, please work on your conclusion. You summarize some points then throw in some new info about game length and whatnot. Again, try to work that into the body more casually.

With all that said, I think this is a solid review that could be great with some structural work.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.