Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Pikmin review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: December 13, 2009 (01:12 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This is making me want to play the game again. I noticed it's only $15 on Best Buy now. I like how you intertwine the two stories of survival and how you use both to enhance how great this game really is.

However, I think the end of the review sputters a bit. The knock on Pikmin 2 is unecessary and doesn't really add anything to a review that is already great. I also didn't care for the line about how the first time was the best time.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: December 13, 2009 (01:44 PM)

The knock on Pikmin 2 is useful from a consumer standpoint. After reading a positive review of Pikmin, a prospective buyer's natural reaction might be "hey, if the original is this good, the sequel must be better". The ending sends the message: "no, really, get this one."

I'm not sure I agree with him, but it was a worthwhile comment to add.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: December 13, 2009 (05:51 PM)

It's not a knock on Pikmin 2 at all. It is a better game because it's bigger and has more to do and see. The point is that it's no longer a new concept, and that novelty found in Pikmin 1 is what makes it the preferred game in the series for me. I'll make this is a little clearer so no more confusion exists on it. Thanks for reading, kiddos.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: December 13, 2009 (08:22 PM)

Either way, I still think it's a fantastic review. I'm probably being too nitpicky, as usual. :P

To be honest, this is probably my favorite review written by you.

It could be a case where I enjoyed the body so much that the ending paled in comparison.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.