Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW: 11/29 to 12/5, 2009.....uh, my intents were to have it done on time.....

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: December 09, 2009 (02:15 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You might be wondering why it took me until Wednesday to put out an RotW that only featured six reviews. Well, read on!

SUNDAY: Visited my mom. When I got home, I was hungry and ate a big dinner. Too big. I was in a lethargic food coma the rest of the night.
MONDAY: Hellish day at work. No mental energy when I got home.
TUESDAY: Not a hellish work day, but a long one. The fact I took a lengthy afternoon nap during the break I had between my early-day work and my evening/night work also played a factor.

Now that all that's been taken care of, let's look at our six contestants and see which three of them were worthy of my praise. As always, there are rules, but I'm not mentioning them because neither of them come into play this week.

THIRD PLACE:

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Frankfurter requested its removal.

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: December 09, 2009 (02:18 PM)

Thanks for the runner-up, and congrats to PAJ89 and LowerStreetBlues!

Is the 5 just because you're a roguehound and were able to at least tolerate all of those negatives due to the general essence of rogue games?

Kind of. The rating stems from my conclusion that the game is more tiring than awful. I probably should have elaborated on that point a bit.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 09, 2009 (03:32 PM)

That's OK, OD - you're not as late as lewis! =D

Congrats to the winners. And wow, I commend LowerStreetBlues for his whirlwind victory in these things lately.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: PAJ89
Posted: December 10, 2009 (09:04 AM)

Glad you enjoyed. Agreed on the fact that one could easily write a lot more about DA:O. Grats to all.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: December 10, 2009 (10:21 AM)

Hey Overdrive--I seem to remember getting a random Orc God fight or two. I spent a lot of time mucking about in the 500's through 800's looking for the Loincloth. It wasn't on the Apple version. So I ran into a lot of weird monsters including, I think, the Orc God. It was not available.

It is a problem that MM2 is less accessible for those who've never played it. I think also there are other problems with my review to fix (eg a bit of FAQ-itis,) and I'll look at them. At the base, the game tries a lot of abstract combinations of Cool Things to Throw without graphics. The thing about the game that sticks with me is the logical excesses it goes to and how they don't make it fall apart.

Congrats to those who made it to the ring of honor. It's always fun to see what others do, and how they do it, and it gives me good ideas either way for what I want to do.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.