Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > RecentElectronics's Modern Warfare 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: December 08, 2009 (05:17 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Wow, this was a bad review. It's full of grammar/spelling errors, specific spoilers abound, and the jokes are way too forced. You also exaggerate to make points (like the enemy grenades bit), which some people prefer to call "lying".

On the plus side, I thought it was funny how you spend the whole review attacking the game and then end up recommending it. That gave me a genuine chuckle.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: December 08, 2009 (05:37 PM)

EmP made a big long feedback comment for the first review this guy posted here explaining everything he did wrong, and he ignored it entirely and has kept making the same mistakes. If everyone on staff believes that he's a lousy writer (and I'd be inclined to agree) then I might suggest that rejecting his next review may be the best way to get his attention.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 08, 2009 (11:25 PM)

I think a better question is why his reviews are even accepted in the first place if they're all that bad. I can understand accepting the first review for the sake of leaving feedback or giving second chances or whatever, though.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Frankfurter
Posted: December 09, 2009 (01:12 PM)

The score is better than the other 3 reviewers who are constantly sucking up to Infinity Ward though.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: December 09, 2009 (05:12 PM)

I would actually score it even lower.

//Zig

board icon
Author: Frankfurter
Posted: December 09, 2009 (05:22 PM)

And don't forget the MS Paint scetches embedded in your review.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: December 13, 2009 (01:29 AM)

Okay, good, I'm not the only one who thought this was an overblown review. There are actually some things I like about it. There is an attempt, early on, to make a clear definition of what the game's failings are which is nicely to the point. Unfortunately, the validity of these points is called into question by the writer's extreme and obvious ego (the signature at the end of the review made my eyebrows arch spectacularly) and by some random mentions that seem totally out of place (example: the music).

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: December 13, 2009 (01:38 AM)

Just went through and read his other reviews. Yeah, probably not worth it to keep hosting this guy's stuff. Someone called it in a previous feedback thread. This guy is obviously trying to leech off of the increased professionalism of Honest Gamer. Otherwise, why keep pointing readers back to his site? If he would actually make an appearance and comment on some of these comments, it might seem a bit better.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.