Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Modern Warfare 2 review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: November 20, 2009 (06:59 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

It takes itself seriously, though no logical person can do the same for its plot, which essentially boils down to a fringe terrorist cell’s plans for a new world order, snowmobile races, airport shoot-outs, illogical trans-oceanic invasions, slumdog millionaires, star wars, nail-biter escapes, bombastic explosions, inexplicable betrayal, heartfelt redemption, ubiquitous pandemonium, and coherency conundrums

I think this drags on a bit too much. I've never played this game, so I'm not sure which of these are the most relevant, but I would personally like to see the more non-relevant items removed.

However, I did like the barbs about "Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare" and the "elevator plunge to Hell." Good stuff. Good entertaining review with plenty of vivid descriptions.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: November 21, 2009 (08:31 AM)

Thanks for reading.

I wanted to try and include the basic gist of all the things that occur in the game's single-player campaign without actually coming out and revealing some of the less-advertised elements, just for the sake of keeping things surprising for the reader if they hadn't played the game prior to reading the review. For someone who hasn't played the game, they're probably going to wonder how in the heck some of the stuff in that list pertains to it. But for people who have, hopefully they can draw parallels to what I was saying . . . without deliberately saying it.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: November 21, 2009 (09:39 PM)

Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare would be great!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 21, 2009 (11:50 PM)

Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare would be great!

Actually, there is a series that sort of fits the bill. It's called Fire Emblem.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 22, 2009 (12:09 AM)

There are numerous examples of games that come a lot closer to fitting that bill than Fire Emblem does, Rand. I'll grant you that the Fire Emblem series rocks, but it's really nothing like Call of Duty anything.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: November 22, 2009 (07:33 AM)

I meant more in terms of themes. In Fire Emblem you do take control of an organized military unit and fight other organized militaries. It's not just fantasy tripe; it's actual warfare amongst nations. There is also storyline, character development, and political intrigue.

Yes, they are nothing alike in terms of game play itself. I realize one is a FPS and the other is a Tactical RPG.

Or maybe I'm completely missing the mark. I've never played any of the Call of Duty games, but I'm getting the impression that the general themes are what was outlined in my first paragraph.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: November 22, 2009 (08:03 AM)

Fire Elblem is rubbish.

My constant dislike of everything stopped being surprising three years ago!

In an effort to stay on topic, here are my thoughts on Modern Warfare II:

Hey, this isn't too ba... oh, it's finished.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 23, 2009 (10:20 AM)

Good work, chum. As always, you say things in the most interesting of ways. The aforementioned long ass sentence works well for me as it is all relevant, and sums up the experience as well as any list possibly could.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: November 23, 2009 (04:26 PM)

Thanks brosef.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.