Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > LowerStreetBlues's Stratovox review

This thread is in response to a review for Stratovox on the Arcade. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: November 19, 2009 (06:25 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for reviewing this. The conclusion makes an interesting point that should be obvious, but is often overlooked: creative/maximized innovations are remembered, and foolish/wasted innovations are forgotten.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: November 22, 2009 (07:27 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

From the word go, I enjoyed reading this review. Given this is indeed a game that virtually nobody has heard of, as you astutely pointed out in the intro, comparing and contrasting this game to other well knowns such as Space Invaders was a good call. Your descriptions and examples about how the game is unfair and what strategies work and don't work also help give the reader a clear picture of what this game is like.

Good job with this one. One thing that could perhaps be improved is it's hard to tell whether you like or dislike the game until the final paragraph. Sure, you make it obvious the game is very challenging, but there are a lot of people who go for this sort of thing, so I can't necessarily equate an insane challenge level to bad gaming. Perhaps that's being a bit nitpicky, as I think this is an excellent read with plenty of descriptions, comparisons, and contrasts to help us understand a really obscure game.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.