Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Lewis's Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood review

This thread is in response to a review for Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: November 17, 2009 (05:05 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Wow, I disagreed with pretty much everything you said in this review. The story is getting better and better, the puzzles were a little more challenging. It was the best episode so far.

But I suppose we're expecting different things from these games.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: November 20, 2009 (02:51 AM)

Loved it from a story perspective. Some puzzles felt a bit more convoluted than the ones I've had so far, but that's always a YMMV thing - sometimes one puzzle clicks with a person and another does not. In this case, much of the Feast for the Senses thing did not, for me.

This, btw: "It also has a perplexing graphical glitch that renders a character’s shirt with big purple splodges all over it" I don't recall having seen at all...

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: November 20, 2009 (03:15 AM)

May have been isolated to review code, then. Does someone on-staff wanna clarify this in the text?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: November 20, 2009 (12:39 PM)

Reminds me of an amusing thread on the Telltale message boards, someone pointing out that Stan's coat was glitched (the blue lines are fixed!) Obviously not someone who has played Monkey Island in the past.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: November 20, 2009 (03:35 PM)

Lewis: HGmail me with the specific changes/wording you want and I'll make the edit.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.