Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's NHL 10 review

This thread is in response to a review for NHL 10 on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 23, 2009 (01:42 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I think the most notable achievement of this review is that I didn’t have a bloody clue what you were talking about, but still came away knowing what made it work as a hockey review.

I really like that there’s an earlier game control mode included. We were talking about something like this the other day when playing FIFA. EA tend to sneak it into a fair few of their long running sports games, and it’s a cool touch.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 23, 2009 (01:43 PM)

Ha, thanks dude. Yeah, I'm excited to see what they've done with FIFA 10.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: October 23, 2009 (02:29 PM)

Bwaaaah?

Oh right. This would make, what, six times I've forgotten now that Masters is a fellow countryman?

I salute you sir.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (02:34 PM)

Good review. I agree with the NHL 94 love, it's one game that I still go back to at least once a year. I'm not the biggest hockey fan and it might be my favorite sports game of all time.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (02:40 PM)

As is polite Canadian custom (redundant?), I salute you right back, Will.

Thanks sportsman.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 24, 2009 (10:29 AM)

This is a great review and exactly what I was hoping for when I sent you the game. Your attention to the differences between last year's game and this year's game, as well as your assessment of that value, was especially appreciated. The description of how grit affects play also was handled very well. Overall, the review was easy to read, understand and enjoy.

Here's a sentence that I think you'll want one of us to change, though:

But unless you’re reading this review in your Detroit Red Wings pajamas (sadly, mine are too small for me now), an upgrade from 09 may not be a wasteful and unnecessary move.

This seems to be saying the opposite of what you intend for it to say. I think you mean "an upgrade from 09 may be a wasteful..." instead of "an upgrade from 09 may not be a wasteful..." in that sentence. If you'd like the "not" removed, just give the word and I'll tend to it.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: October 25, 2009 (07:20 AM)

thanks jason. and yes, can you make that correction?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.