Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Final Fantasy VII (PSN) review

This thread is in response to a review for Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: October 22, 2009 (03:34 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Well that certinly was different from any other review I read about the game. Interesting viewpoint. Well writen too. But I never thought the game was a 10.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: SuckingDick
Posted: October 22, 2009 (03:45 PM)

Isn't this written by the same idiot who thinks LittleBigPlanet is artform?

What an idiot.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 22, 2009 (04:12 PM)

Isn't this written from the same idiot who thinks LittleBigPlanet is artform?

What an idiot.

The very same idiot. Man, that guy's reviews suck. Who is that fucker? Why hasn't he been kicked out of the site yet?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: hmd
Posted: October 22, 2009 (06:27 PM)

I SAY WE SHOULD LET HIM GO

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: October 22, 2009 (07:47 PM)

ROFLMAO

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: MoreHonestGamer
Posted: October 22, 2009 (08:39 PM)

This site tends to be quite easy on RPG's it seems. At least based on my very minimal time here. FFVII is actually my fave game of all time (FFVI comes close), so I won't dispute the score (not that it even matters one iota), however, I have to agree that the written article is all over the place and lacking in substance. It veers on tabloid or teen mag esque at times. Emo? I mean...really? In any case, for a game as rich as FFVII, more effort and time could have been given to the review. Would have preferred something much more meaty, a modern day in-depth analysis of a riveting but still not ancient (as far as gaming history is concerned) classic.

--- Avid honest gaming fan ---

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: October 22, 2009 (09:48 PM)

ATTN: New guy (not MoreHonestGamer):

Due to the repulsive vulgarity of your name, you shall henceforth be referred to as SD. That is all.

[Edit by Zig: even though she is too proper to say such things, Wolfqueen is referring to SuckingDuck]

[Edit2 by Zig: damn it. That wasn't intentional.]

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: October 22, 2009 (10:43 PM)

Would have preferred something much more meaty, a modern day in-depth analysis of a riveting but still not ancient (as far as gaming history is concerned) classic.

I mean, you're welcome to write one. I personally would find such a thing pretty boring and I think maybe 5 people in the world would be bothered to read it.

Note that this comes from the man who wrote this so I have some experience in the matter.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: October 22, 2009 (11:19 PM)

Lol wolfqueen, charming.

Also Zipp, I think I'll give it a miss. I waste far too much spare time procrastinating on numerous forums to find additional time for such reviews. Also I fear if I did, Zig would have me for breakfast with wolf biting away at my duck lol.

board icon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (02:08 AM)

Also I fear if I did, Zig would have me for breakfast with wolf biting away at my duck lol.

Actually, Zig is one of the fairest and most honest people I know. I doubt he would take the opportunity to childishly "get back at you" for your comments about UC2. And as long as you don't change your name to something like "huge raping penis," WQ probably won't bite you, either.

In any case, if you do get in the mood to write a review, please do so. We're all about differing opinions here on HG (except EmP).

board icon
Author: HugeRapingPenis
Posted: October 23, 2009 (02:35 AM)

Too late.

board icon
Author: SuckingDick
Posted: October 23, 2009 (03:34 AM)

Wait, you gave Persona 3 an 8 , but FF VII a 10 ? Different opinion is one thing, wrong opinion is another.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 23, 2009 (03:55 AM)

Hey, I'm all about differing opinions. Just so long as people are aware that if they don't coincide with mine they're silly, childish fantasy.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: October 23, 2009 (09:46 AM)

-_- I really wasn't talking about MHG with that remark. I really hate these vulgar usernames and refuse to type them if possible. Why there isn't some sort of restriction there is beyond me. It's really quite pointless to make your name something disgusting, not to mention just wrong and repulsive.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (11:11 AM)

Wait, you gave Persona 3 an 8 , but FF VII a 10 ? Different opinion is one thing, wrong opinion is another.

I'm not sure I ever actually wrote a review for Persona 3. I'll tell you this much, I've played FF7 five or six times all the way through since its release. I played Persona 3 once and never will again.

What can I say? I like big manly swords. I wouldn't expect you to agree with me. After all, I also like sleeping with transgenders and walks in the rain. I particularly enjoy sleeping with transgenders in the rain.

board icon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (11:28 AM)

I'm with Zipp on this one. Exactly the same scenario as well, played through FFVII at least 5-6 times since release and will likely play again in future. Played through Persona 3 once, and have no drive to play through it again, though admittedly I did love the experience whilst I was having it.

board icon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (11:31 AM)

I'm with Zipp on this one

I'm liking this guy more and more.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: October 23, 2009 (02:27 PM)

Oh that is it. I'm writing the bash evisceration review.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: October 23, 2009 (06:23 PM)

FFVII was good if for anything then because it brought the jrpg experience in mainstream to the western audience. Yes, some people played jrpgs before(though that number is largely fictional, and why people make up to prove they are "hardcore" to have played something before FFVII from the genre is beyond me), but for most it was the entry into the world of jrpgs.

Me, my first jrpgs was Knights of Xentar and it was awesome.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 23, 2009 (06:46 PM)

My first JRPGs were Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior II and I loved them immensely. I promise that I'm not making that up to appear hardcore.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (07:31 PM)

Ha! I have you beat, Jason! Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior ONE were my first titles!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 23, 2009 (07:39 PM)

It's hard to believe that I've essentially been playing and loving JRPGs for just a hair under 20 years. It was the perfect time to start, I guess. I was old enough to understand what was happening in the games, old enough to enjoy solving the puzzles and wandering fantastic wastelands, old enough to catch great franchises in their infancy and to grow up along with them. I feel kind of sorry for people who started with FFVII and don't appreciate how good a real JRPG can be.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: October 23, 2009 (07:55 PM)

Actually Zipp, Jason still has you beat because Dragon Warrior One sucked.

I played it when it was new and was all like, "what is this primitive jibber-jabber? Gimme a man's RPG!"

//Zig

board icon
Posted: October 23, 2009 (08:01 PM)

It's an interesting point, Jason. Not about FF7, but about how young we were when we started playing RPGS! Honestly, I didn't play much of Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy. I didn't get it. The first RPG I really took seriously was FF4 (released in the states on the SNES as FF2). I still didn't understand EXP, but I knew the Meteor Spell rocked. I also got freaked out by random battles and used to have panic attacks wandering through dungeons.

So, yeah, maybe I didn't get the mechanics. But you know what I totally understood? The story. I understood Cecil's feelings for Rosa. I got Edge's flirtatious motions towards Rydia (I liked her, too). I understood the sorrow in Cecil when he SPOILER! realized his enemy was his brother. I got enraged when Kain betrayed us for the umpteenth time.

It was the first time I felt that video games could be art.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: October 26, 2009 (09:09 PM)

Actually Zipp, Jason still has you beat because Dragon Warrior One sucked.

How many NES games actually have a cameo with Nester from Howard and Nester? That alone makes it at least worth playing.

By the way, I did purposely name drop Howard and Nester to sound oldskool hardcore. I'll admit it. I'm still an NES junkie.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.