Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > A week of reviewing unholiness from Sho

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: sho
Posted: October 21, 2009 (07:08 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

COWER, BRIEF MORTALS

Hi, I'm Sho, professional gaming expert and occasionally unscrupulous ninja. You may remember me for writing Ai Choaniki, Final Fantasy X-2, or similar reviews from about a hundred years ago. Or then again, you might not. A century is a long time.

In honor of the season I've decided to rise from my grave and inflict seven days of gaming horror upon the good readers of Honest Gamers. Beginning Sunday, October 25th I will post a new review at the stroke of midnight (Venter Standard Time) each and every night through Halloween. Each review will have been freshly written that very day, so even I'm not sure what they're going to be yet.

The abyssal awesomeness of Demon's Crest?

The necromantic romantics of Bible Black?

The skimpy clothes and even skimpier gameplay of Oneechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad?

We'll just have to wait and see; such is my solemn, manly vow. Well, assuming anyone is interested, anyway. Otherwise I'll probably just watch Night of the Creeps when it comes out instead, you dream crushing bastards.

REVIEWS

October 25th: SplatterHouse 3 (Sega Genesis)
October 26th: The Colonel's Bequest (MS-DOS)
October 27th: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
October 28th: Tecmo's Deception (Sony PlayStation)
October 29th: Demon's Crest (Super NES)
October 30th: Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Sony PlayStation)
October 31st: Bloody Bride: Imadoki no Vampire (Sony PlayStation)

ODDS
90% chance of malevolent mansions
80% chance of scythe-wielding skeletons
70% chance of unspeakable tentacular entities
50% chance of Atlus
25% chance of cheerleader-eating zombies
13% chance of Igor
0% chance of glittery tween vampires

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: October 21, 2009 (07:35 PM)

I remember you! You're that shady fellow who plunges silver arrows into beautiful women!

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: October 21, 2009 (07:40 PM)

=O You can't do a Holloween horror rumble without classic, if predictable, titles / series such as:

Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Left 4 Dead

and... that's it. I'm not creative!

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 21, 2009 (08:43 PM)

Well, of course you will need at least one classic horror title in there. I recommend Silent Hill 1, as it has just been rereleased on the PSN recently and would make a relevant title as well an interesting study in how games are affected by time.

I second the Bible Black suggestion (made by yourself)! I've, er, watched the anime a number of times... or at least the one disc I own. The anime is surprisingly good, if totally indecent. But then, that's what I wanted...

Other games, other games... well, some abysmally bad game is probably in order. I'm already covering Obscure II, though... okay, well it's not ABYSMALLY bad... actually, it's shockingly satisfying, but I think it's only because I enjoy watching the hateful characters get their faces eaten all the time.

Shadow Hearts would be a good one to consider.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: October 21, 2009 (08:51 PM)

This makes me very happy. You're amazing Sho.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: October 21, 2009 (10:55 PM)

HG needs a Demon's Crest review. Go for it!

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 22, 2009 (09:55 AM)

Demon's Crest would be a good pick. That's a game I keep meaning to review, but just never have gotten around to playing again. I'm sure I can think of others if I try, so we'll see what happens.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 22, 2009 (09:57 AM)

Zipp: Is Obscure II the Obscure game I reviewed? I think so. I know I reviewed one as an assignment.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 22, 2009 (11:02 AM)

Just checked, OD, and yes it is the same game, though mine is the PSP version, where it is almost impossible to find a co-op buddy to play it with you, making combat ridiculously hard (and yet strangely mandatory).

You used the word inconsistent in your review and it was a solid word. There are times where I really enjoy the game for its cheesy teen-horror-flick style. Then it tries to be a game and I just get frustrated.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: October 22, 2009 (02:35 PM)

A new review by Sho is a review worth reading.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 23, 2009 (08:56 AM)

I, the magical EmP, support this project with both of the capitalisation appearing in my wondrous username.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: sho
Posted: October 28, 2009 (12:32 AM)

Tonight's piece is dedicated to Zigfried, whose GameFAQs review stood as a shining beacon of truth until it was cast down by the order-worshipping agents of YHWH.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.