Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger review

This thread is in response to a review for Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 19, 2009 (12:29 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

A terrible game in 498 words. Man, I've heard this game just sucks.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 19, 2009 (02:27 PM)

I hope its used as a stepping stone to transplant the idea into a better game but, as is, it's impossible to recommend.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: October 19, 2009 (08:11 PM)

See, I can leave you feedback for this because this is only like two paragraphs long. =D

I suppose the review does its job well enough. I mean, I get that the voice acting blows, the graphics blow, the AI blows and pretty much everything else about it blows. However, it still feels lacking; like it could've used examples or something. Still, I know you're rushed with everything you need to do, and really, if you dom't have much to say about a game, then you don't have much to say about a game. lol Sometimes it's better to just go short and leave it at that. It still functions well enough as is.

Haha. I am curious to see what your Brevity title will be. I still think it's hilarious that this just happened to come out as short as it did.

Anyway, back to work for me! I need to have this paper done by Wednesday and I have barely a page. Awesome!

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 26, 2011 (01:53 PM)

Sweet short review, Emp.

I always wondered about this game. I wonder no longer.

I think you meant "implementation" in this sentence:

It’s almost heartbreaking to watch the genuinely good ideas get dog piled by poor implication.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: April 26, 2011 (02:26 PM)

Thanks for that catch, Marc. I only went back to this review the other day to try and bulk it out with the screens, so it's funny you fell upon it now. Good timing -- and thanks for reading.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: September 05, 2011 (05:54 AM)

I've only just read this, because I saw the game on sale for next to nothing. Pretty good review. Although it's short, I think in this case there was no need for it to be longer.

One gripe though: two generations ago? Really? Really?

http://tinyurl.com/3gpt83v

It may look rubbish, but it doesn't look PS1 levels of rubbish. (People declaring that something looks "last gen" when it clearly doesn't is a pet peeve of mine.)

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Posted: September 05, 2011 (06:39 AM)

I was about to say that seeing the game in motion (especuially the FPS sections; admitedly, the overhead strat section isn't as bad) is exactly what I said it was, and to keep in mind that most screens on the 'net are those issued by the developers in a view to make their game look its very best, but that screen works just as well. There are better looking PSX games than the screen you posted.

The last PSX game I played was C-12. I can say, hand on heart, it's a better looking game than Raven Squad.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: September 05, 2011 (09:21 AM)

Reaaaaaaaally?

C12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvH967MQ6ec

Raven Squad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KS6NbuqO8M

I really don't see it.

Anyway, that's beside the point. Good review. :p

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Posted: September 05, 2011 (10:37 AM)

If this is a clever ploy to get me to reply C-12, well, it's kinda working.

I wonder where it is...

EDIT: I still sometimes make fun of that line from the opening:

"What am I facing?"

"CYBORGS! And! ALIENS!"

Oh my.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 05, 2011 (04:21 PM)

Aha! I'm onto you. You can't fool me. =P

I may reread this now that you put pics in. But then, maybe not. xP

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.