Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > jerec's Metal Slug 3 (XLA) review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 10, 2009 (02:44 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Holy shit. An entertaining Metal Slug review. And one that has a deeper message about the nature of video games. Nice!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: October 10, 2009 (03:00 PM)

I have seen the light. No longer will I try to convince myself that I enjoy these repetitive games.

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: October 10, 2009 (03:04 PM)

I'm happy to see Jerec writing new reviews. But this isn't a review! The choice argument rambles. It's like this could have been a rant on abortion, with choices and all, but you talk about how you (didn't) play a video game instead. Jerec, you should review Fable 2 next. We know you played that one.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 10, 2009 (03:12 PM)

It's only because Boo and EmP hate me. They got their revenge. Because I had only about 200 words or less to say about the first level of the game (because I refused to waste 800 points on a game I knew I wouldn't enjoy). I had to pad it out with that lame choice stuff, trying to be deep and meaningful in a review. Hell, I wish I'd written this for that pretentious comp a while back.

Anyway, I'll take the review down after BWHY is done and judged, and it'll have a spot on my blog.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

This message was deleted at the request of jerec, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 10, 2009 (03:19 PM)

See, I think it's totally a fine review. After all, Jerec is speaking to his audience, here. We know what Metal Slug plays like, so does anyone who's picking up the game off XBLA. He's just taking a different approach to the whole thing. It's definitely not BAD. It doesn't need to be removed!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: October 10, 2009 (03:28 PM)

I agree with Jerec that this would be better as a blog entry.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.