Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection review

This thread is in response to a review for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bigcj34
Posted: September 01, 2009 (06:29 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

That was a good read, as you've delved into how this is a quantitative selection, rather than picking the actual best games.

It is something of a joke how there's constant Mega Drive releases, espcially with the original Sonic, whislt many remakes and modernisations are often less than stellar. After releaisng a big compialtion, they release them individually over XBLA and PSN. Barely an attempt to modernise the visuals.

Yu've made the assumption that the reader is one who wants to make a nostalgia trip to their Mega Drive games, which is fair enough, but if I'm going to be really nit-picky it's just that you haven't described much actual gameplay, especially on the hit titles. But more me I fully understood what you were saying for I am a Mega drive fanboy.

There three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 01, 2009 (02:19 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I actually ended up writing an entire paragraph about a number of good games included in the collection, but I scrapped it when I realized it was sidetracking the main point of the review. As for not delving deep into the gameplay of the games on the collection, I intentionally do that with all the collection reviews I do, though, I guess I could have attempted more "in passing" comments like I did with the games I mentioned towards the end of the review.

Thanks for the comments!

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.