Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > aschultz's Wasteland review

This thread is in response to a review for Wasteland on the Apple II. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 01, 2009 (12:40 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I love learning about interesting games like this through screenshots and reviews. Keep 'em coming!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: September 01, 2009 (10:37 AM)

Thanks for the nice words! I'm running out of games a bit, so I'm actually soliciting suggestions, especially for Apple stuff. You, or anyone out there, let me know.

Meantime, a lot of my GameFAQs reviews at GameFAQs will come over, but they're not ready yet. I mean, they'd get approved, and I'm glad I wrote them, but there's a lot to touch up.

I'm dead serious when I say that when you offered to bring my reviews over a few years ago, my main concern was that there were some I might be really embarrassed about. I didn't tell you that, and I was too busy writing for other games. I guess I'm much more comfortable reading and fixing even the big mistakes in my old writing than I used to be, and I can do it more quickly.

It's been a lot of fun writing up these games and even choosing screenshots (thanks to you and Woodhouse for your patience when I goofed the first few times,) which helps because it forces me to say--what do I remember most? Wasteland was especially tough because of its clever jokes.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: September 04, 2009 (05:48 PM)

Good review. Good information without giving to much away.

Some of my early favorites (that I can recall right off hand) you could review.

Wizard's Crown and the sequel Eternal Dagger
Dungeon Master
Dragon Wars
Bard's Tale I, II, or III
Last Ninja
Might and Magic I or II
Early Wizardry
Early Ultima

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: September 05, 2009 (02:46 PM)

Dungeon Master and Last Ninja, eh? Never played them. The rest, I have...but I want to polish up my reviews before sending off anything.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 05, 2009 (04:39 PM)

I've got some old ones for you, Aschultz. Try Think Quick! and Hugo's House of Horrors.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.