Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Because We Hate You 2009

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 12, 2009 (11:27 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

When's deadline?

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: September 12, 2009 (11:37 AM)

Anything I can emulate, which still includes most arcade titles as well as the usual 8 through 16 bit consoles and portables (registered version of MagicEngine, so I can do TG16 too). I can probably emulate most esoteric platforms, like Atari 5200 or MSX, if you want to get fancy. Anything N64 I own works, and I might be willing to spend there for the right title to write about.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 13, 2009 (04:21 PM)

Everyone should now have titles to review. Again, the quicker you let us know of issues, the quicker I can try and solve them.

Deadline looks to be early/mid October. I'll make a note when it's finalised.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 13, 2009 (04:24 PM)

Oh. My. God. I thought I'd gotten off easy but... oh. my. god.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: September 13, 2009 (05:04 PM)

So I decided to check my new pick. From Wikipedia:

Last Legion UX is a platform game for the Nintendo 64. It was released only in Japan in 1999.

I don't live in Japan, have a JP N64 or know any Japanese. You know this. Come on.

I'm no longer willing to spend. It'd be silly to waste money for people that don't research the game they pick for someone at all.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: September 13, 2009 (05:57 PM)

Can't you emulate that?

I've kinda been playing Skies of Arcadia Legends instead of my BWHY game, heh.

board icon
Posted: September 13, 2009 (08:08 PM)

According to bbitmaster on Youtube:

"Here is another Last Legion UX video. As I said before, this game is unemulated, and so the only way to play it is to import it, or to get a backup device."

N64 ROMs are widely available, but most of them are unplayable/work on select emulators due to hardware. That's why I said 8 and 16-bit consoles for what I'd be willing to emulate. I'm not trying nine different N64 emulators to make sure it doesn't work on all of them after the first hassle and after seeing a testimonial it won't.

I've also never played Armored Core style games, so English would be a big help in understanding them. Otherwise I'm awfully prone to saying something ignorant.

I'll withdraw if I'm going to get a hard time about this. I can't enter anything around here without a headache.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: September 14, 2009 (12:13 AM)

Emp, seems i can muck around with the difficulty and continues on the trial version. But basically if I unlock this, it's just gonna be me running, shooting and dying my way to the end. I hear it's not a long game, either. I can just imagine the tagline for my upcoming review. "It's dreadful, but it's quite short."

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: September 16, 2009 (10:53 PM)

Boo, Emp, I hate you guys.

board icon
Author: Melaisis
Posted: September 17, 2009 (05:43 AM)

Jesus guys. Looking at some of your responses I feel I got off easy.

Still, strategies from the early 90s are not known for their longevity and I'm actually running out of stuff to write about it.

board icon
Posted: September 18, 2009 (08:36 PM)

Alright, I've played as much as my game as I can stand. Review coming next week.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: September 18, 2009 (08:51 PM)

I am really enjoying Kana: Little Sister.

_

board icon
Posted: September 19, 2009 (04:59 PM)

I'm just gonna review Skies of Arcadia.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 19, 2009 (05:09 PM)

As much as y'all are complaining, I'm sure that my game was the meanest pick of all. Prepare to be stunned when you all find out what I was assigned.

//Zig

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: September 19, 2009 (08:57 PM)

I downloaded the emulator and ROM for my game. This is the farthest I've gotten in a reviewing contest in a long time.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 19, 2009 (11:29 PM)

I already finished writing my review a few days ago. I'm just too lazy to proofread it.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Posted: September 24, 2009 (03:51 PM)

Didn't you get Chrono Trigger, Zig?

In any case, my review is... prepared. By which I mean I know how I want to write it and that I want to keep it fairly short. I even have an open document with some text. So... next week?

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: September 26, 2009 (10:29 AM)

just so you guys know, my internet is finally up so if you need to get in touch about something re: the competition then you can.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: Sclem
Posted: September 28, 2009 (01:38 PM)

Sure I've been wanting to write for a while. PS1 and before. I don't like to emulate Xbox and crap.

and why is this despicable human pile of feces bluberry still roaming these forums?

Also, I bet I can come back from the glory days of retirement and bury this Golding character. Bets on Marc. You, me, Fatness, that odd Aussie guy that works in the biology labb, Andrew 'The Apple' Schultz, and this old perv zig are goign to have a ball out in this tournament. I'm bringing the thesaurus; you just bring the old scrolls from Shionbi 1.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 28, 2009 (02:04 PM)

Very well, young Scott. Your game pick has been HGMailed to you.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: September 28, 2009 (07:11 PM)

Out of curiosity, is anyone done with their reviews yet or getting close? I'm nearly done with mine and I'm debating whether to post it this week or hold off for a bit.

board icon
Posted: September 29, 2009 (02:03 AM)

i'm only slightly more than halfway through my game =(

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 29, 2009 (02:29 AM)

I'm done with my review, but I just keep forgetting to submit it.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: September 29, 2009 (02:29 PM)

I've been playing my game along with others. Just sort of meandering along at my own pace.

A friend of mine who's moved out of state is back for a week, so I haven't had time to do much of anything gaming-related the past few days, as I've been hanging out and partying with him for the last four nights.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Sclem
Posted: October 01, 2009 (09:11 AM)

Yeah I've played mine a bit.

When are these due anyway, fix killer?

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.