Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > sashanan's Fatal Frame review

This thread is in response to a review for Fatal Frame on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: May 22, 2008 (05:39 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great review, I am glad to see you reviewing again. The last line/paragraph was especially good. Hope to see you reviewing more soon!

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: June 18, 2008 (03:01 AM)

I haven't finished this game yet, but in spite of my stated plan to hold off reading your review, the game started pissing me off, so I decided to check if I was just crap at it or if you also found it frustrating :)

There was a battle where I had 1/2 health and 1 healing item left, where one of those wretched 'blind' ghosts appears after you light the candles. I died and reloaded, died and reloaded - must have done this about 10 times.

Now I'm at a place where I actually have no healing items left, am damaged, and am up to a fight where this pesky kid comes out of a clock! I have to say this is sorely testing my patience.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: June 18, 2008 (11:59 AM)

The kid is very annoying and so is the blind lass. I have aborted my game before after the first night when I had no healing items left; the second night can be a problem in that case. For the third and final it's not so bad - third night's worst encounters are random ones that don't happen if you're quick about going in the right direction, and final night has very few battles and quite a few healing items to pick up along the way.

The second night, however, has you encountering the blind woman in scripted battles like five or six times, and she takes a LOT of health when she hits you. The one advantage you have is that, even as a ghost, she really is blind and cannot see you. She can only hear you when you run or when you take a shot, and then zero in on that location. With practice, she's very avoidable.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: June 19, 2008 (07:50 PM)

Thanks for the ideas. Yes, I since also looked at some FAQs for more advice about how to deal with the blind lady.

I think I may restart my game. All I read tells me I should max my camera out before buying any aux powers, and based on how badly my game is going, they're probably right. I saved money up and got the tracking(?) power, but when it costs a stone every time you press L1, it's not very cool.

I still get the impression my photo skills are lame, because I'm just not getting many points. But I think I can definitely do better if I restart now with what I've learned.

Still, to avoid stress I've been playing Wii 'MySims' instead :)

- Wade

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 28, 2009 (11:46 AM)

There is one thing you don't mention here that really hurts the game... the terrible voice acting.

OH. MY. GOD.

Fortunately, there isn't much of it.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: January 28, 2009 (12:39 PM)

At the risk of sounding like an old cynic, I take poor voice acting in stride in console games in general. It has to be atrocious for me to even take note of it. Think Chaos Wars atrocious.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 28, 2009 (06:32 PM)

Ah. That... puts it all in perspective.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.