Ads are gone. We're using Patreon to raise funds so we can grow. Please pledge support today!
Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > darketernal's Dragoneer's Aria review

This thread is in response to a review for Dragoneer's Aria on the PSP. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: August 21, 2009 (03:15 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

While the game was rather uninspired the Ad-Hoc Wireless co-op player mode was fun. You and a friend would face off against Dragons of increasing power as you progressed in the game offering up rare treasure and valuables for your efforts.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 22, 2009 (12:56 PM)

I couldn't really get into this review. I think after a while, all bashes start to look the same. It's a trap I've often fallen into myself and one I'm still struggling to avoid when I play a bad game. Janus' Resident Evil Degeneration review was a pointer in the right direction, though. I think a bash has to work against itself somewhat. The problem is, tell a gamer a game sucks right off and they have little reason to keep reading. In my mind, at least, I've got the entire review summarized from your intro. Instead, a bash has to interest a gamer and then let them down in the same way the game does, showing us just how frustrating it is in the process.

I like to see you writing new reviews, DE, so I hope you don't take my critique as an excuse to climb back into the woodwork. I'm just trying to give you some feedback to use in the future.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: August 22, 2009 (07:12 PM)

This is pretty much my first expedition in writing bash reviews, I'm not used to destroying games in a verbal manner,.

Idemo do dna....tugo ti i ja.

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: August 28, 2009 (03:55 PM)

Please don't take offense but I think you overdid the bashing. I always more enjoyed reading reviews that started with how the game played and perhaps a short write-up on a battle to get the reader into the feel of the game, seemed to me you did this to late in your review. Once the reader understands the game mechanics (you explained earlier) you take out your big stick and bash away at the bad stuff. Because if the reader does not understand what you are bashing you have lost them as a reader.

I played Dragoneer's Aria and while the characters were not all that interesting and the story was slow and at times boring hunting for Souls was interesting.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Dragoneer's Aria is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to Dragoneer's Aria, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.