Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Lewis's Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - Siege of Spinner Cay review

This thread is in response to a review for Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - Siege of Spinner Cay on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 20, 2009 (02:15 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Excellent review, Lewis. As usual, you always use a review to Make A Point and in this case the Point is well taken. I do think we will be seeing an Adventure Game revolution with the release of Heavy Rain in early 2010, but it's hardly an innovation that could be applied to Monkey Island, not without a complete style change.

And therein, too, lies a Problem with Remaking games. With a remake you're swimming the same Lake, but you're doing it in a bigger, faster, boat (or so one can hope). I've yet to see a remake that TRULY remakes the source material. What we have are ReHashes, not ReMakes.

To truly ReMake Monkey Island, you'd have to use realistic graphics, make Threepwood a grim killer and probably have the revelation at the end be that he, himself, is LeChuck.

And then you'd hear the purists speak up. But so what? Purists will always complain, that's what they Do.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: August 20, 2009 (02:56 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I'm just jealous you got to play and review the game before it was even available. I'm getting it now. And I have about half an hour to play before I have to go to work. >_

I can avoid death by not having a life.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.