Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > dagoss's Neverwinter Nights 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Neverwinter Nights 2 on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: disco1960
Posted: May 21, 2008 (06:00 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Bahaha.

And I just picked this up yesterday too.

At least it was on clearance, so I guess that's fair enough.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: May 21, 2008 (06:58 PM)

Please let me know if you think my review is an accurate representation of the game. I was a bit more negative towards the game than most professional reviewers (though fairly in-step, I think, with the opinion of the average consumer).

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: May 21, 2008 (07:37 PM)

Sure, although you might have ruined it for good with the ugly ex-girlfriend image. :P

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: May 21, 2008 (10:26 PM)

That *did* strike a little close to home...

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: May 29, 2008 (08:40 AM)

I found typos!

The main difference is thatBaldur’s Gate did these things very well, while Neverwinter Nights 2 just fumbles around in the dark like it wants to be loved by the player but is too insecure to put out.

Missing space.

In addition to the technically problems mentioned above

Your companions are idiots. For example, one time it was me verse a few shambling undead creatures

Wrong word.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: May 29, 2008 (10:24 AM)

Oh, that's embarrassing! I suppose this is what the "edit" feature is for. I must try harder next time.

board icon
Posted: June 11, 2008 (12:25 AM)

Ah, I finally got around to starting it, and it's pretty much as you said.

Apparently, I can barely run the thing. On low resolution.

Also it's annoying to have to click twice to open a panel, because I can't remember all the keyboard shortcuts.

I keep trying to open a radial menu.

Extra party members are a pain in the ass. I could have actually done without any unnecessary Baldur's Gatey-ness.

They did bring back the old character voice sets, which is cool and familiar.

Other than that, I think I need a new computer now.

board icon
Posted: June 11, 2008 (05:33 PM)

Did you use the auto-patcher? The patches will greatly improve performance (and are pretty much required since it is very buggy out of the box).

board icon
Posted: June 11, 2008 (05:49 PM)

I did. There's only a bit of choppiness now, but new areas still take like a minute to load.

I think I'm barely meeting the system requirements in the first place, though.

board icon
Author: georox
Posted: June 11, 2008 (10:43 PM)

Ah, the dreaded requirements, why I stopped being a PC gamer.

Steampunk?

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: June 12, 2008 (10:47 AM)

The patches will greatly improve performance (and are pretty much required since it is very buggy out of the box).

Par for the course for PC games nowadays - as well as the requirements, where I have to note that I find that over the years, they've become more and more likely to plain out lie to you. I've had games of which I hit not only the minimum but also the recommended specs lag on me with everything graphical turned down all the way to butt ugly mode.

I suppose I have finally become a console gamer without realizing it.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.