Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's God of War review

This thread is in response to a review for God of War on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: August 10, 2009 (07:21 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

- Appreciate how you describe Kratos as a character. That way, the player knows what he or she is getting into. Some people, myself included, wouldn't feel comfortable playing as someone this unscrupulous. Thanks for the heads up. I would hate to be out $50 or so playing as someone I don't particularly care for.

- Ties into the first comment, but really enjoyed the vivid descriptions despite having no interest in Kratos.

Dislikes

- A bit confused by how you argue that "doing all those things over again" is a good thing. Couldn't you save right before the glitch in the intro?

- Like Tomb Raider, don't care for the 180. This time, it's not as bad because you really don't go full boar into the issues and you do use it as a segue into selling the game, but still think the intro could be better. That's just me.

- Too many ALL CAPS too close together.

- One of the later paragraphs has you arguing for button mashing and impromptu buttons combos. Maybe it's just me, but I don't care for particularly either one. I'm not sure how this sells the game.

- Couldn't really get into this review, but maybe a large part of that is because I wouldn't care to play this game to begin with knowing Kratos is a real jerk. Not sure how much that skewed by comments.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 10, 2009 (09:20 PM)

If my review interested you at all, I suggest you read Zig's review of God of War. I personally think he does a much better job of selling the game.

My review was kind've a "retrospective" more than a true sell. I appreciate the comments, as usual (if you ever want to cash in on my offer to look at your reviews, I owe you four at this point)

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: August 10, 2009 (09:23 PM)

Zig's God of War is one of my favorite reviews on the site.

Good thing you didn't use that for the TT, I remember a few years back someone used one (Jihad maybe?) and Jerec's critique was something like "fuck fuck fuck God of War fuck fuck fuck I'm not reading this".

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: August 10, 2009 (09:28 PM)

Zipp - Would like some feedback for Legacy of the Wizard and Dragon Warrior for right now. As far as the other two, I'll wait until I publish two more NES game reviews.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: August 10, 2009 (09:43 PM)

"Good thing you didn't use that for the TT, I remember a few years back someone used one (Jihad maybe?) and Jerec's critique was something like "fuck fuck fuck God of War fuck fuck fuck I'm not reading this".

EmP and I know what we're writing next round!

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.