Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Ghostbusters: The Video Game review

This thread is in response to a review for Ghostbusters: The Video Game on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 09, 2009 (09:42 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great review, Jason. It's perfectly balanced between comparison and technicalities with enough cheap jokes tossed in to make it worth the reader's while. Very good.

My one complaint? This line:

"Popping the bubbles on a sheet of packing materials is more fun than busting ghosts."

Don't you know that few things can live up to the joy of packing material? I rank it just below sex (sometimes above, depending on my partner).

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: August 09, 2009 (11:11 AM)

Definite above IMO, but that too could depend on the partners experienced thus far. But probably not - I mean, popping bubble sheets. C'mon. I don't know why the DS doesn't have a stylus based sim of it yet.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: August 09, 2009 (02:00 PM)

The iPhone does!

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: August 09, 2009 (03:35 PM)

Does it let you twist the bubble wrap around, too, for large scale popping?

Also, my grammar/style police side feels compelled to mention there's no such thing as "rather unique." Something is, or it isn't. Also, I don't like that you indicated "I did so knowing that my eventual review could provide a unique perspective." This is fourth wall territory. I imagine it was more that you wanted to see how the game stacked up to the movie, to be able to remember the jokes or see if too many were duplicated.

This does not affect an overall entertaining review, though.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: August 09, 2009 (04:21 PM)

Technically speaking, all people are unique, but the degree of their uniqueness actually does vary if you consider each person as a combination of traits that may or may not each be singularly unique. The way this is written, it sounds like this differing trait alone overcomes other similarities and raises his rating on the Uniqueness Scale, by a bit.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: August 10, 2009 (09:34 PM)

I like the argument that it's a GOOD thing the character you play as does not have a personality. Since this is supposed to be you, that lets you project yourself onto this person. If he was given a personality, and it so happened that is was completely like your own, that would ruin the whole experience.

I really like how you transition from that right into the meat and potatoes of the game. Personally, I think some people make way too big of a deal out of character development. I like how you focus on fundamental game play issues instead.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.