Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > ender's Alice review

This thread is in response to a review for American McGee's Alice on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 05, 2009 (01:53 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Is this really supposed to be a 6/10? This guy calls it the height of excellence. That's... at least a 7, right?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: August 05, 2009 (02:14 PM)

You're six or seven years too late, Zipp. I consider it highly unlikely that James will see your feedback on this review, and I consider it equally unlikely that the text will be removed or the score modified. That's true of pretty much any review with "Date Unavailable" listed as the date it was posted.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: August 05, 2009 (03:02 PM)

There's some oddity with the scoring on reviews that old anyway, isn't there? Something with conversion from an older scoring system?

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: August 05, 2009 (03:09 PM)

There used to be a time when there were no scores or the old way of recording scores was overwritten, leaving all the reviews past a certain date minus an x/10. I spent hours on end trawling through thm and adding as close to the scores as I can in a lot of cases -- it's not the case here, though; staff stuff got away with it.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 05, 2009 (03:34 PM)

Yeah, I was wondering if it was a score error. I wasn't really thinking that mr. ender would come waltzing in with a response (though stranger things have happened here at HG!). Apparently, though, it's not the case. My curiousity is appeased.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: August 05, 2009 (09:59 PM)

I remember when I awarded Star Voyager SHIT/10. I had to change that after removing the review and resubmitting it once the new system was implanted. :(

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.