Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Tomb Raider: Anniversary review

This thread is in response to a review for Tomb Raider: Anniversary on the PSP. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: August 02, 2009 (01:59 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

- Using specific experiences playing to game to highlight what's fundamentally flawed. Passing a checkpoint while falling from a ledge would really suck.

- Nice use of humor. Nearly chuckled at how she shakes like a meth addict line.

- Didn't realize she keeps a journal during her adventures. Having not played the game, this is nice to know.

- Like how you don't spend gobs of time on the plot and just get right to how the game handles.

Dislikes

- Don't really care for the intro. Reading the intro seems to be building toward a positive review, then you suddenly pull a 180. Personally, I don't care for that sort of thing.

- Most of the time, you speak as if you are directing Lara, then there is one line about halfway through where you say "Confidently I ran and jumped", which seems a bit awkward here.

- "...stubbornly refusing to show you anything except Lara's rear assets the majority" You could take out either "rear" or "assets" and this would still work.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 02, 2009 (11:49 PM)

All good point, Randxian. I'm not sure I agree about the last one, though I see where you're coming from, but the first two are really observant. I actually have some issues with the intro myself, for the same reasons you mentioned, and I KNEW I left a stray personal pronoun around somewhere. Thanks for finding it.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: August 03, 2009 (05:59 AM)

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the last "dislike" is that big of a deal. I only mentioned that because everyone kept critiquing my reviews in a similar fashion, telling me to chop unecessary words and make the writing as tight as possible.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.