Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > randxian's Legacy of the Wizard review

This thread is in response to a review for Legacy of the Wizard on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 22, 2009 (06:35 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Is this a resubmit? I swear I remember reading this before. That, or I'm having the hugest deja vu of my life. In the original, didn't you also go into some detail about a dog, or something?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: July 22, 2009 (06:53 PM)

Yes, this is a resubmit. I did chop a sentence about the dog (or whatever that thing is). There was never a whole section devoted to the dog/pet/pink thing, however.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 11, 2009 (12:30 PM)

Intro: Excellent introduction, here. I like an introduction which tells us exactly what we're going to be reading about. It's just basic good writing.

2nd Para: Take out the "for example." You aren't giving us an example, you're listing all the choices. It's different. You also have a strange transition in here when you go from character choice to dungeon. Why do you mention the town and the lush blue sky and all that? Is there a point to it? Either expand on that or jump straight to the dungeon crawling.

3rd Para: again, transition is strange. Why are we suddenly talking about ammo? Also, for us to understand why not having magic ammo is a problem, we need to know what magic does for us. Is it how we kill things? Is it how we heal? Explain further.

5th Para: On the matter of inns, is there anything else to spend gold on? If not, then isn't that why the inns are there? Does backtracking to them take a lot of time? Your review has a great sense of distaste about it, in that I've clearly picked up that you don't like this game. Yet sometimes it's not clear exactly why you dislike it.

I pretty much like everything after this point, it ramps up to a nice conclusion. There are a couple things I noticed...

8th Para: You've already mentioned cryptic clues in the last paragraph. Why bring it up again? In fact, this entire paragraph is just a summary of the paragraph before it. It's redundant.

9th Para: This line doesn't quite work for me:

Legacy of the Wizard looks good at first glance with the colorful schemes , the pleasant soundtrack, and the variety of enemies. However, the game is fool's gold due to all the fundamental flaws.

The reason it doesn't work is because of all those things you list which make the game good, you've barely covered two of them and you didn't ever talk about the variety of enemies. The soundtrack you don't have to say much about, you could probably stand to go into a little more detail on the colour, and you definitely need to at least briefly discuss the variety of enemies.

Hopefully this has all been helpful.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.