Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > TT WEEK 5

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: July 23, 2009 (07:34 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

See that's the thing, because I remember Sportsman saying it was Thursday. Am I thinking of something else?

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 23, 2009 (10:31 PM)

See that's the thing, because I remember Sportsman saying it was Thursday. Am I thinking of something else?

Maybe. I can't remember anyone saying anything was happening on Thursday, but maybe someone at some point said something. Either way, the deadline has been Wednesday throughout the entirety of this event and this already was pointed out once when someone--you, I think(!)--missed a previous deadline.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: July 23, 2009 (10:38 PM)

I don't remember saying it (unless I said Thursday at midnight) but apologize if I did. If you want to want to argue further in your defense EmP and Felix are the ones to argue with but judging by Felix's response I doubt you'll have any success with that.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: July 23, 2009 (10:44 PM)

You should know that it's Wednesday because Felix warned you the last time you missed the deadline!

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Posted: July 23, 2009 (11:04 PM)

Look, I'm not trying to argue make excuses, why is everyone jumping to bite my head off? Does missing a deadline mark me as free game to the entire !@#$! community?

Christ, if this is the response I get from asking for clarification, I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut from here on.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: July 24, 2009 (05:48 AM)

I was going to say the rules are clearly posted in the TT Interest Topic.... except I can't seem to find that topic now.

Maybe the rules should be moved to the schedule topic? That would be a good place for it.

I'm not arguing for or against Will here, but just pointing out having stuff like this clearly saved for reference would help prevent things like this from happening. Be proactive, not reactive.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 24, 2009 (09:58 AM)

I do think there's been a lot of ambiguity around posting reviews and deadlines and active team members and what not. I'm not saying we should change anything that's already happened this time, but it's all good experiences for next year's TT.

I still can't decide whether I'd like to captain or judge next year, but I want to be a part of it one way or another.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 24, 2009 (10:15 AM)

Leave William alone! He's from Canada and thus deserves our pity.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (01:52 PM)

I wasn't trying to be mean if that's how you took my post. Just wanted to make it clear that I'm just here to read the reviews and give my opinions and meeting deadlines and matches isn't my responsibility. So I'm sorry if the review isn't the one you wanted to pick and changing the review and deadline is ultimately up to Felix and EmP.

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (02:24 PM)

Sportsman, my comments were no no way directed at you. Unlike every Tom, Dick and Jason who suddenly decided they have a grudge against me, your posts were refreshingly neutral and clear-headed.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (02:26 PM)

This isn't sudden. I've had a grudge against you for a long time. Before I even knew you in fact.

Bastard.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 24, 2009 (02:45 PM)

It's worth noting that I was about to assign ranpicks or Vorty and Will before I saw Sporty had donr so. I thought about overulling them so they wouldn;t be on his shoulders, but it seemed pedantic and dumb to do so.

In future, if someone is late to pick, it's probably best I sort it.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: July 24, 2009 (02:47 PM)

On a totally unrelated note, I was looking for how tiebreakers were decided for getting in the playoffs or seeding. Is there a general rule for this? What, of these, takes precedence?

1. head to head record
2. total individual matches won
3. total points in those matches

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (02:54 PM)

Maybe head to head record would be the best way to clearly separate the teams? Although I suppose individual matches/points won would be a better indication of which team has performed best over the whole TT (especially if it's a three way tie, if that's possible). Have we ever had a situation in past TTs where a team has tied for playoff spots?

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 24, 2009 (03:04 PM)

I would guess it would first go by the total number of individual votes a team has gotten. After that, it's anyone's guess.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: July 24, 2009 (03:27 PM)

It goes:

-Team wins
-Total individual wins
-Total votes
-And then road record may be the fourth tie breaker. I can't remember. EmP, do you remember?

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: July 24, 2009 (04:31 PM)

Sportsman, my comments were no no way directed at you. Unlike every Tom, Dick and Jason

Yeah, shame on Jason for chiming in when this contest is taking place on his friggin site!

Dude, relax. People were just trying to clarify the rules. No need to take everything so personally.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (06:50 PM)

Yes, I'm sure the curt sentences and exclamation points were meant to convey only the deepest of manly affections.

The only person trying to clarify rules was me. Everyone else involved in that little feeding frenzy was...well, the analogy speaks for itself.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: July 24, 2009 (07:11 PM)

Your one syllable name doesn't lend itself to "Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanders" type mocking. =/

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (07:49 PM)

Currently done with 1/4 matchups (from yesterday) but I don't plan on doing too much tonight so I can probably do at least two more before I go to bed. Maybe even finish but I wouldn't count on that.

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (08:01 PM)

I've been down with the flu for the last 5 days. I'm up and about today, but still finding it hard to focus on anything... so I haven't actually started yet. I'll likely be doing shorter comments this round.

board icon
Posted: July 24, 2009 (11:19 PM)

Finished 3/4 matchups and gonna head off to bed. I'll be out most of tomorrow but should be able to finish everything before the day ends.

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: July 25, 2009 (07:23 AM)

Jerec: was it Swine Flu? Hope you're feeling better soon - flu's bloody horrible.

I've read all the reviews and written about three. Will attempt to do the rest tonight, but it might be tomorrow morning. Either way, it'll be sooner than last week.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: July 25, 2009 (04:46 PM)

I don't think it's swine flu, but it's sure taking me longer to recover than normal. Done 2 matches so far... it's Sunday morning and I don't have to do anything today so hopefully I'll get a fair chunk of this judging done.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: July 25, 2009 (05:27 PM)

TT Week 5 Results - Blame Swine Flu!

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.