Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Gauntlet: Dark Legacy review

This thread is in response to a review for Gauntlet: Dark Legacy on the Game Boy Advance. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: July 16, 2009 (08:55 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Despite the monotony, I've enjoyed Gauntlet for the most part.

I probably wouldn't mind an easy Gauntlet, but it sounds like everything in this game is ridiculously easy. Although I suppose you wouldn't have to necessarily exploit the game's inability to spawn more than eight monsters.

Even though I rarely find someone to play with, I have to agree removing multi player is a stupid idea, especially in this day and age. I could almost forgive this on the original Game Boy, but not the Game Boy Advance. Totally unacceptable.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: solarlord
Posted: September 27, 2009 (09:03 AM)

Hi,

I'm an Italian fan: I'm sorry to disturb you but in these days I'm playing to Gauntlet Dark Legacy with my Gameboy Advance: substantially I agree with your reviews (with few euros I'd find a better game...) but in every case I'd finish this game so I wish to ask you how to pass the Maze of Illusion level in the Dream World because I haven't found any cheats about on the web: could you help me please? Thanks!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: September 28, 2009 (12:27 PM)

That level's the final one before the boss of that world, right? If so, it's a tricky one in that it's large with a ton of corridors that all look the same. It's really just a matter of going down each path until you find the exit. Since I don't have a map of the level, I really can't give much better advice, but I do recall it taking me a long time to find the exit. I could see an area above me that still had monsters (and so I hadn't been there before), but it took forever for me to find the path that led me to that area.

Oh, and with you being where you are in the game, make sure you got all the magic stones (or whatever they're called). If, after you completed a level, you see something that looks like a rock on the portal into it, you missed that level's stone (NOTE: not all level's have them). To fight the final boss, you need to get all the stones. And be aware of this: if my memory serves me correctly, the level with the fake final boss has one of those stones.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.