Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zigfried's Anet Futatabi (Import) review

This thread is in response to a review for Annet Futatabi on the Sega CD. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: July 09, 2009 (12:05 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Zig, you've outdone yourself.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 09, 2009 (12:15 AM)

Fuck! Fake-ending a review -- with a score and everything -- was an idea I've had for a while, and now you've done it! Bastard!

Awesome review, in any case. You REALLY didn't want to lose this week, did you?

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: July 09, 2009 (12:40 AM)

Thank you! No, I don't want to lose again =P

I actually did the fake-out ending way way way way back in the GameFAQs days (for the same game no less, although it's a totally rewritten review) but I think it works a lot better here at HG.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: July 09, 2009 (10:05 PM)

The fake final score is one of the more innovative ideas I've seen in a long time.

I know there are some games that I initially like, then dislike them more as time goes on, and vice versa.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: July 13, 2009 (05:50 AM)

I can't believe this piece of shit beat out Dagoss' solid review for "Mega Man 9" in the TT, but I guess there's no accounting for taste in the judging. The awful "fake score" gimmick, followed by the cries of "It can't end like that. It won't end like that!" (Nice emphasis Zigzwag) should have disqualified this crud alone. Devoting half the review to a sub B-level video game saga, though, that's the real kicker.

I like how this stuff is primed up to be "Citizen Kane" or "The Godfather" or something. I like how the screenshot of the mundane Sega CD cinema next to the review discredits your exclamation that "Annet's confrontation with the Nazi commander early in the game reeks of style." Yeah, that's real Michael Mann stuff right there. "Thief?" "Manhunter?" "Heat?" They're all nothing next to the lo-res glitz of Anet Futatabitablahblahblah. Geoffrey Unsworth himself would be put to shame by that stunning 16-bit cinematography!

On behalf of the site, Dagoss, I would like to apologize for this garbage being favored over your "Mega Man 9." If you really want to win some TT rounds, bring some pointless gimmicks and laughable "passion" ("I waited seven years for this!") to the table. Them judges, they go for that stuff.

//Space

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: July 13, 2009 (09:01 AM)

Nice review, Zig. I enjoyed it and appreciate the great effort you put into documenting these lesser known games fully and accurately. Over the years it's certainly had a strong influence in my approach to a lot of the arcade games I try to cover.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.