Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zigfried's The Warriors review

This thread is in response to a review for The Warriors on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: hmd
Posted: July 04, 2009 (09:53 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You do know that there's a scene in the movie where one of the Warriors tries to rape a woman, right? Granted, the dude gets handcuffed to the bench and arrested, but still, the intent of these guys being despicable hoodlums is still there.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: July 04, 2009 (10:12 PM)

Yeah, but that's a singular event that doesn't represent the group. The others (the ones who were there, anyway) didn't approve of what he was doing. That event is the reason I added the word "(mostly)" into that part of the review.

The Warriors were always intended as hoodlums, but I don't think they were intended to be despicable. They certainly don't come across as despicable or even remotely "bad" in the movie. The film builds sympathy and makes them look like real people, whereas the game just makes them look like common thugs.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: July 05, 2009 (03:45 AM)

As in the movie, they're a fictional gang, hoodlumming it up and down 1979 Coney Isle.

Wait, "hoodlumming"? C'mon, man.

What I did enjoy however, is how you contrast your friend's quote in the beginning. My first reaction to that quote was "Well no shit Sherlock." Then when I read your review, it made sense. It turned out to be quite the opposite.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: July 05, 2009 (12:11 PM)

I've always been interested in playing The Warriors but never did because I never had a means to. Consider me a lot less curious now. Great review!

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: July 05, 2009 (09:08 PM)

Thanks!

RANDOM COMMENT TIME:
Shariff is a smart fellow. If anyone feels bad about me ribbing him in the review (he actually did ask me to include his comment) then know this: Shariff distributed embarrassing photos of me to everyone I work with. So we have a history of ribbing each other.

//Zig

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.