Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Crazy Machines 2 Complete (Import) review

This thread is in response to a review for Crazy Machines 2 Complete on the Miscellaneous. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 01, 2009 (12:09 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

EmP proves that he is just as good at putting together reviews as he is at putting together crazy machines.

But he doesn't always get all the kinks out of the works:

Crazy Machines 2: Complete gives me the appreciated chance to make insane chains of pointless gizmos just because without the very real threat of chiselling the tip of my thumb off.

And in a Staff Review, no less! Shame on you, EmP!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 01, 2009 (12:13 PM)

I can live with a solitary missing comma!

Thanks for the catch. Edited away.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 01, 2009 (12:48 PM)

Personally, I would take out the because altogether and make the sentence:

Crazy Machines 2: Complete gives me the appreciated chance to make insane chains of pointless gizmos without the threat of chiselling the tip of my thumb off.

The phrase "just because" is sort've a blight on the English language, in my opinion.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: July 01, 2009 (12:51 PM)

Just because is one of my favourate phrases. Mainly because it describes 80% of the things I do in my life.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: July 01, 2009 (01:31 PM)

And yet, you passed up a clear chance for "just because" and said "mainly because" instead.

Talk about double standards!

Now it's my turn to get all microscopic on an enjoyable and convincing review.

* Gromit has one m. Urbandictionary shows grommit as something disturbingly different.

* "Anyone who’s ever" -> Anyone who's [seems more succinct]

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: July 01, 2009 (04:03 PM)

Thanks both for the catches -- I much appreciate it. I remain an awful proofer.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: July 01, 2009 (07:21 PM)

Do you have a program that can do that for you?

My Windows came with Word 2000, which has spell/grammar check. I think OpenOffice has spell check, and you can just cut/paste a text file in. Maybe it only gets the really basic stuff, but I know that having it frees my mind to try and proofread more subjective stuff. Maybe you can find something, so the trivial stuff is out of the way.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 02, 2009 (09:56 AM)

Oh. He usually has me as his prooofer, but obviously he doesn't need me this time as the topic and comments have already been made and he seems to have gotten into the habit of taking me foregranted whenever I post in one of these, as evidenced by the last three times I've posted in one. =P

And there's no way he wrote this for my birthday yesterday which he said nothing of in any of the 1000 ways he can contact me despite the more-than-ovvious clue given him yesterday. I know your memory's not that bad, man! xP

Anyway, I've found that word docs won't find some common errors such as subject/verb agreement or past/present mistakes because it doesn't know how to handle prepositionsal phrases and other complicated aspects of the language.

What espiga does in his free time
[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: July 02, 2009 (11:43 AM)

After that foregranted gaff, I should sack you and move on to a bright, bright future.

I know it was your birthday, twit. Perhaps you should exercise some patience rather than complain endlessly like girls are forever wont to do.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: July 02, 2009 (04:56 PM)

Don't feel too bad, EmP. You need less proofing than Overdrive does.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 02, 2009 (07:34 PM)

Except that you won't. Haha. And anyway, you know I'm just giving you shit. On both accounts of complaint. Or at least you should. Though I will admit it probably is hard to tell that with me sometimes... which is why I use emoticons.

And I fully expect that you're giving me shit with what you said there, too.

Anyway, I know you love and appreciate me; no need to get hasty! Haha.

What espiga does in his free time
[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Advertise | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Crazy Machines 2 Complete is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to Crazy Machines 2 Complete, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.