Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > true's Ghostbusters: The Video Game review

This thread is in response to a review for Ghostbusters: The Video Game on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: June 30, 2009 (09:23 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Reading your review, I wonder if it would be better if they made two "quests", so to speak. One would include famous enemies like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. The other would be the actual new storyline.

In a sense, I can't completely agree that including old favorites is a bad thing. Like I said, in a sense. I understand this is supposedly the third movie, so in that sense, that would be a bad thing.

So I think if it had two storylines or quests, or whatever you want to call them, this would be fine.

Anyway, good review. Enjoyed reading it. And I'm disappointed given the technology we have today they still can't make a good Ghostbusters game. It's a shame a movie that good can't get a comparable video game. I suppose the one for Genesis isn't too bad. I also did enjoy the one I had on my old Apple II E. The first one for NES sucks shit. The second one for NES is decent, I suppose. None have really been outstanding, just decent.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: June 30, 2009 (10:16 PM)

I think people who complain about a lack of great Ghostbusters games have never played "New Ghostbusters II" for the Famicom. Seriously, it's not just a good Ghostbusters game; it's a great video game, period. I seriously need to get to work on that re-review.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Author: True
Posted: July 01, 2009 (12:31 AM)

Thanks, Rand. In looking over this I'm not all that happy with how it turned out. I forgot to take in just the point that you made--some people like to re-live and play out scenes from their favorite movies. Personally, I don't, but for some it's not that bad. I unfortunately didn't make that point clear. Amongst a lot of other things.

This is most likely going to be a drastic, complete re-write but I appreciate the comments.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.