Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > The 2009 Team Tournament Draft

This thread has been locked by a moderator. No additional messages may be posted.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 11, 2009 (02:34 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

DoI.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 11, 2009 (02:41 PM)

Oh, and as a result of that pick, Jason, I've added to your list of responsibilties. Now, you're also in charge of (if necessary) restoring Beli's old reviews that, according to EmP on the interest thread, are still in the database. So if, by chance, the friend of the Mutant Camels doesn't write like he's never written before, I don't get screwed over by that turn of events.

Oh....and my floor needs vacuumed and the dishes need washed. I'm far too deep in "Genius In Planning" mode to bother with trifles such as that, so.....well, I'll be expecting you on a plane ASAP.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: June 11, 2009 (04:41 PM)

I have a feeling what's hurting me is most people have more than twice as many reviews as me.

I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered in the first place.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: June 11, 2009 (07:29 PM)

Janus, do you check HGmail?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: June 11, 2009 (09:09 PM)

Yes.

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 11, 2009 (11:09 PM)

The Ascendant Grotesque draft Espiga.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: June 11, 2009 (11:41 PM)

Felix can't make it to the computer right now, so I'm taking this show over and picking as the amazing interim captain...

Mister_E

(note to Felix: hahahahaha take that, biatch)

If you don't believe me about Felix being unavailable, then go ahead and wait three days for him to log on again! So add MISTER_E to the team and finish up this draft. Nothing more to see here, folks. We're off to an exciting start!!!

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: June 12, 2009 (12:01 AM)

No surprise there. The only question that might (or indeed, might not) remain is the mystery man or woman's identity.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: June 12, 2009 (03:32 AM)

Uh, I can make my own draft pick, Zig. But I guess we'll go with Mister E since it's clear who you're pulling for . . . Good grief. You better not let me down, M_E.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Posted: June 12, 2009 (03:37 AM)

All right, there are two picks left and five people to choose from. Here are my thoughts on the five:

BigCJ34 - I remember critiquing this guy's reviews in the past. He's willing to listen and obviously wants to be in this competition (has posted in this topic to prove it). An underrated writer!

Randxian - Another guy who's relatively "new" yet has shown that he's more than willing to take advice and has just started to become a regular around here. Has good upside if he can land on a team!

Golden Vortex - My man Vorty has a ton of good reviews, so you won't have to worry about finding a quality piece in his catalogue to go against the competition. Plus, he has TT Championship experience!

Sashanan - Sash writes about games that usually don't get too much coverage, so you probably won't have to worry about the judges remarking that the subject matter in his reviews is stale.

Turducken - I remember liking one of this guy's reviews. I'm sure the other 7 or so that he has posted contain equally entertaining values.

board icon
Author: Mister_E
Posted: June 12, 2009 (04:45 AM)

Thank you for drafting M_E, Captain Zigfried.

I will get to work.

M_E

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: June 12, 2009 (05:14 AM)

For the reason Felix outlined, I'm shocked Sash is still on the board.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: June 12, 2009 (05:35 AM)

I will take Vorty, because anyone that is commonly referred to by an abbreviated form of their full username simply must be good.

board icon
Posted: June 12, 2009 (05:38 AM)

IT'S CAPTAIN FELIX!! >:-O

board icon
Posted: June 12, 2009 (08:07 AM)

Laugh's on Felix if I remain unpicked. I joined the roster at his insistence.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: June 12, 2009 (08:24 AM)

Whoever remains unpicked, the three would make a good spoiler team.

But I suppose it is much too late to add in bye weeks and such. (Not that I'd mind. I could use the extra proofreading time.)

Now if someone can just poke Willthegreat to leave HGWars a minute...or maybe he is playing HGWars to postpone a tough final selection.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 12, 2009 (10:08 AM)

Dagoss

That's a good point about how people known by abb. forms of their username have to be great.

Signed by the members of TEAM ENIGMATIC CHAOS

OD, HG and Beli

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: June 12, 2009 (10:18 AM)

Haha, typical Zigfried maneuver.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: June 12, 2009 (11:10 AM)

Gimmie a Sashanan.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: June 12, 2009 (11:14 AM)

And that concludes the 2009 Team Tournament Draft. Schedules will be posted today or tomorrow. Remember, competition begins on Monday, June 22.

To those who weren't drafted, you are still eligible to compete in the event if a draftee gets waived. That has happened in the past. It may happen again . . .

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: June 12, 2009 (11:30 AM)

Some of these teams are frankly frightening in their potential.

Of course, none even come close to matching the Zipp, Will, and Sashanan combo, but I have to acknowledge some good team picks.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: June 12, 2009 (11:37 AM)

Our fates are now intertwined. This should be an interesting tournament.

Good luck everybody!

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: June 12, 2009 (12:49 PM)

Check your HGmail, you two!

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 12, 2009 (02:22 PM)

This topic is now locked.

To those not drafted, don't lose heart: every year, unfortunatly, someone has to be left out, and in previous years it's even been people who have won the tourny before like Honestgamer or Golden Vortex.

For us. For them. For you.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than YahonsenBurst requested its removal.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.