Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zigfried's Bionic Commando review

This thread is in response to a review for Bionic Commando on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 26, 2009 (11:40 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Whoa... ziggy... you out-did yourself on this one. Entertaining, informative... you even manage to do story segments AND throw backs to the retro era. I'm impressed. This is like an action packed review and yet it STILL manages to convey your disappointment with the game. I'm taking a page out of YOUR book with my next review, dayuuuuum.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: jiggs
Posted: May 27, 2009 (09:06 AM)

i'll definitely get this when it goes into the bargain bin

!

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: May 27, 2009 (07:10 PM)

It shows a past where Nathan Spencer was hurt and betrayed, causing him to develop a grudge against Super Joe.

Dumb. What is the point of developing a grudge between him and they guy he rescues in the NES version? I consider this a huge strike against this game.

After reading your review, it seems like this is comparable to what the new Battlestar Galactica did to the original Battlestar Galactica. It's like they made everything as dark and edgy as possible, to the point it barely resembles the original.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: May 27, 2009 (07:13 PM)

Plot-wise, it gets even worse than you're thinking. The final level is both beautiful and horrible.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: May 27, 2009 (07:20 PM)

It gets worse? How can you screw up any more than completely contradicting the plot of the original NES game?

Actually, I'm afraid to find out now.

It seems like I'm not missing much by not having this game.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.