Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > willthegreat's Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection review

This thread is in response to a review for Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: May 25, 2009 (03:46 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Fascinating. Years after original release, this is still splitting critical opinion something rotten.

At Reso we gave this 69%. Shows what we know. :)

An excellent review, Will.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: May 25, 2009 (10:55 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I could see it getting a mediocre score, actually, if the three individual titles (well, one and two expansions) were looked at seperately, but I think this is a case where the whole is greater than the sum of its expansion packs. I fired up vanillia SotS while grabbing the other two and it was a wee bit...well, vanillia. The game really needs those other expansions to give it the kind of depth and diversity, especially with the randomized research system.

Or maybe I'm just an old 4X junkie who wishes people still played MoO. As always, Lewis, thanks for the feedback. :D

Addendum: Do you (or anyone else that happens to be reading) think SotS is "obscure" enough to qualify for the MOTO tourny? It's an industry underdog to be sure but I've no idea how well known (or not) it is.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.