Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > jill's Touch Detective review

This thread is in response to a review for Touch Detective on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 20, 2009 (01:27 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Usually I like reading reviews when the two reviewers have given such drastically different scores, because comparing the two can usually lead one on to the path of truth. However, in this case, it's tough. It's like you got sent a different version of the game from woodhouse. He complains about Mackenzie's lack of character and thoughts. You praise her thoughts on the other characters. Woodhouse complains about the game not being comical, you rave about how funny it is. Woodhouse says there's no logic to the puzzles, you call the game pleasantly difficult.

So it comes down to who's review is the more compelling and the most believable.

It's a difficult decision. You both do a good job of infusing your reviews with emotion, even if they are emotions on polar ends of the spectrum. Ultimately, the thing I think you could've done better was to explain some of your adjectives. It's all well and good to say characters are funny, but it's well and BETTER to actually give an example of one of their jokes and let the reader decide for themselves.

Woodhouse has given plenty of reasons and examples as to why this game could be harsh on the soul. Your blatant enthusiasm makes me question woodhouse, frankly, and I give you props for that. But ultimately, he lays more evidence on the table.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.