Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Plants vs. Zombies review

This thread is in response to a review for Plants vs. Zombies on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: May 05, 2009 (01:41 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This is getting some good-ass reviews, man. I wish I'd taken the Reso copy now. I am jealous of Ben. And you, Jason. Natch.

(I could just - shock, horror - buy it, of course...)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: May 05, 2009 (01:55 PM)

I really want to play this but have to play Defense Grid: The Awakening first since PvZ is the same type of game but looks so much better and I know once I play that I'll never go back to Defense.

Also the theme song has been stuck in my head for the past month.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: May 05, 2009 (05:26 PM)

Sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind giving this game a shot. Your review sold me to try it when I get a chance.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: May 06, 2009 (11:03 AM)

That settles it. I'm buying this.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 06, 2009 (11:57 AM)

Ha ha, you know you're writing a good review when everyone runs out and buys the game after you post about it.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: May 06, 2009 (01:13 PM)

Unless it's a negative review.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 06, 2009 (02:25 PM)

Yeah. I've had some negative reviews that have gotten comments along the lines of, "for some reason, your review makes me want to play this game"......but those tend to be towards retro-types that can easily be emulated......so I get the idea they have more of the same sort of morbid curiosity towards the game that a person has when they drive really slow by an accident so they can see if they can see blood or bodies.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: May 06, 2009 (02:31 PM)

Ha ha, you know you're writing a good review when everyone runs out and buys the game after you post about it.

Yeah, because of that this is probably the most successful review on the site. I was most likely getting the game anyways but this review (and a few others) pretty much got rid of any doubts I had. That and the $10 price tag.

board icon
Posted: May 06, 2009 (04:35 PM)

I certainly do get curious when I read about how bad a game really is. I always have to try it and see, for the same reason you just mentioned.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: May 07, 2009 (04:21 AM)

Wait wait. It's a PopCap game? As in, I can actually run this?

Mmm...

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Posted: May 09, 2009 (06:36 AM)

Question: I've seen the $10 price tag mentioned here and elsewhere. But the PopCap site, for me, shows a price of 20 euros. Is this the wrong place to buy from, or just the umpteenth example of screwing over the EU market?

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Posted: May 09, 2009 (07:39 AM)

It's $10 on Steam. Or at least in the United States it is.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590/

board icon
Posted: May 09, 2009 (08:06 AM)

10 euros for me, but that difference I can live with. Much better, cheers. *goes to figure out how to order*

board icon
Posted: May 09, 2009 (09:12 PM)

Thanks for the link. I noticed it was $30 on another site.

I purchased it off Steam for $10 instead.

Wow. Talk about addicting. This game gobbed up several hours before I realised what happened.

I don't know if it's me, but sometimes clicking on an item isn't always responsive, so I've wound up losing some solar power and cash. I don't think it's my actual mouse, because I never have that trouble with the left click button anywhere else.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Posted: May 10, 2009 (01:38 AM)

After three and a half hours of playing PvZ through Steam I've noticed no problem wtih clicking on stuff. The main problem I have had is that I was playing and suddenly it was dark outside. Ever have that?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.