Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Pyramid review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: May 04, 2009 (05:05 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Let’s send all the existing cartridges of this game back to Hong Kong. I’m sure the former developers at AVE could use something to eat.

XD

This game begs the question. How can you blatantly rip off such a good game and conept like Tetris and wind up with something this bad?

Oh wait, Hydlide did the same thing by ripping of Legend of Zelda. Nevermind.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: May 04, 2009 (06:00 PM)

But Hydlide has that cool quasi-Indiana Jones music. Pyramid doesn't even have a pyramid!

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: May 05, 2009 (04:19 AM)

To play devil's advocate, the screenshots show two pyramids and a sphinx in the background. I'm still not gonna try this game, though.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: May 05, 2009 (05:15 AM)

Technically though that does mean it doesn't have "a pyramid" - it has two.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: May 05, 2009 (06:09 AM)

-throws tomato-

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: May 05, 2009 (11:57 AM)

+1 to randxian for the Hydlide reference...

...and yeah, the game's really not worth it. I think the best strategy is to sit around, make your "well" and wait for a big-triangle. I mean, the little triangles are

L

The big triangle is

|
|
L--

(It looks better in courier.)

Oh that and if you tilt one piece wrong there's no way to get to the bottom. Lots of ways to demolish this game and Felix found a good one. I like his approach better than Deathspork's here and I think Deathspork's had some fun stuff.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: May 05, 2009 (01:27 PM)

Haha, I didn't even notice the pyramids in the background. Of course, they may just be rocks with a giant sphix carved out the middle. Someone should conduct an investigation.

Thanks for the compliment, ASchultz.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.