Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > sashanan's O'Riley's Mine review

This thread is in response to a review for O'Riley's Mine on the Commodore 64. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: April 29, 2009 (06:44 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I still have this one in its original box for the Apple. I remember the levels tended to quickly become impossible to pre-teen me. I was reading your review scanning for some secret of success you may have recorded, but I don't see one :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: May 04, 2009 (11:31 AM)

I remember seeing a review for this and Diamond Mine on GameFAQs and finding DM a lot less mean. But this is more fun to actually win a level at.

I'm getting run over by the monsters in the Apple game on level 3 or so. Wow, this is a tough game...especially since you can't see all the items on the screen at once.

Is there actually a final level, or does it loop? If so, how many are there? Part of me wants to just plow through it.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: May 04, 2009 (12:23 PM)

I haven't gotten far enough to answer that one. My C64 version may have trainers in it though which I could use to find this out for you.

*disappears*

*reappears*

After clearing level 9, the level indicator goes to '?' and stays there. From 9 to ?, no new enemies or objects appear, but the speed of the rushing water increases one more time to match yours, which would make this level impossible to beat without cheats (potentially level 8 or 9 or so already is). Beating level ? causes it to repeat endlessly, and scoring more than a million points, which happens somewhere around beating ? the first time, flips your score back to zero.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.